Skip to content
Options

Orpheus Heritage DAC

Another thread that I have longed to open for discussion among the 5 users in HK and altogether at least 10 users in China/HK/Macau...Is it really the best? I have not heard Wadia suite and many said it is very good, any one who has an opportunity to put these 2 pieces together?

Comments

• Options
    Wong, I am happy to meet you all. Don't talk about the Orpheus superdac. We don't have it in Taiwan! I am happy about da vinci tonearm. Music is very smooth. When will you set up your LP system?
  • Options
    LP possibly in 2H07, I think convenience+time saving is still a priority given the limited time to listen to music everyday (effectively, every night). A really top notch SACD player (name not disclosable) in my system does not yield any edge over my Zanden+O-Heritage and I think my fun on SACD is almost over. May be this is the time for me to seriously get my act together to learn more about LP. I know this is picking up some speed in the audiophile community which is a good sign at least to bring down the cost on both hardware and software.

AE recommends me to go for DynaVecgtor cartridge+DaVinci tonearm + Raven AC turntable + Syren phono. Sound about right to me except there won't be any pleasant surprise unless I try something else.

Marvel

• Options
    Wong, is J recommend 3 motor raven turntable? Do you know the Da Vinci turntable "Gabriel"? That one must be good. The man in the swiss mountain use master tape as reference when develop the arm, turntable, and the cartridge.

Wong, I say long time away sacd is waste of money. I threw the emm lab after 2 months, the ER 6 months.
  • Options
    Marvel,

I bought the heritage dac for a simple reason. I have not heard better. My reference is not other machines but live music, also not as rich as you. I recorded many concerts in the HK coliseum. The heritage dac can show the ventilation system behind our crew.

Tim
  • Options
    Tim,

I enjoy your Eason Chan recording a lot! Last night, we (Linnman and myself) also used that live recording CD to fine tune the position of the speakers. A very high quality CD and with the Heritage DAC and all EE cables, the rhythmic hand clappings of the audience can be heard clearly in the virtual space of the HK Stadium. Can the playback be even more lively, I bet it can, but still I am very contented with what a system could effectively produce within the confinement of my tiny listening area.

Enjoy music and do make us proud of HK produced recordings.

Marvel