Skip to content
Options

Tango Speakers from Acoustics System Int'l

Comments

• Options
    Just get some more information about "Story of Tango"

The birth of the Tango Speaker originally is not for business purposes but built for the Paris Conservatory(prestigious institution training classical musician) to train graduate students (to listen back great recording of the past century). Professors there complaints modern speakers....xxxx, no music but only compressed sound. The Designer, the genius acoustic master - Franck then comissioned to build a speaker for them. also the electrical engineering is teaching cello in part time in Conservatory either.

Do you think this speaker could play String?

After 10days playing on Tango, i found difficult to tell what it sound & disadvantage.

It sound neutral, depend on source & amp, so my friend comment it sound Swiss & noble(i ve no comment & silent on this), It reproduce the musical instrument realistic which like play in your face. (my limit exp. on this stage is, when the system produce with the extremely "open" sound without any foggy, the instrument could feel touchable.) I would say this system bring the music in to my home, not bring you to concert hall type.

Fast & dynamic enough to make me felt i m listening to a pair of High efficiency speaker which they r only 89db but fully control by 16w 300B. (If i m not wrong, the speed & dynamic we talk on Hi-Fi is similar to the violinist who can play louder sound always has advantage than other who play lighter, thats means they have the larger range on dynamic. Right?) And why i said 16w can control this speaker? 1st can hear all sound has been push out of "box", all instrument sound behind the speaker until beyond the front wall, so speaker disappear naturally before i set any position for it. The live record with feel sitting there & some adding effect cd, could hear surround sound with larger soundstage. of course with the explosive bass, even on single ended -300B with modern 89db speaker match.(I think some people won't believe this.) Yes! its true, I promise.

If say any disadvantage......mmm...., i m not sure how after fully run-in(now is below 50hrs only, but great enough.) the bass is not deep enough yet. soft dum not sharp as diamond, but natural to my ears(Diamond could be option if i m not wrong.) Price could be both advantage & disadvantage, arround 150k to 200K, talking about the quality could challenge or better than some over 30k+, of course i ve not heard any similar price range could come close(I really feel sad my favorite VA speaker got beaten by a only 5hrs tango), but with 6 figure speaker really over budget for some people. i m not show off some things, but this speaker is the best buy i ve ever heard. Promising sound, quality built and developed concept!
    ( Fair to say best buy in modern speaker, some old horn are fantastic to me!!! )
  • Options
    非常吸引! 我唸100個鍾後會再有高潮!
  • Options
    c.c.n, what a good foresight you have. The tango speaker is one of the few best speakers I heard in CES. I understand every words you describe. It sounds like high eff speakers but carries the merits of multi driver design.

You sure got good taste. Another speaker that I like is the Cessaro horn. Too bad I missed the Tidal room.
  • Options
    Once in a while, certain new products appear in the market which will lay a profound impression on any serious audiophile, the Tango designed by Franck are really special speakers, I had heard the prototype in his Paris showroom back in summer of 2006, finally, folks in H.K. got a chance to hear them now (over 20 pairs have been sold worldwide in 2007).

In case interested parties have not read listening reports on the Tango at CES 08, pls read the following links with Franck's comments, also note the last point he made about having a thin wine glass placed upside down on your dinning table... enjoy the read !

http://www.sonicflare.com/archives/vegas-08-acoustic-systems.php

Mr Zanden

• Options
    Not hard sales , just info from CES Tango show report

www.6moons.com

www.dagogo.com

www.stereotimes.com
  • Options
    Cannot agree more!

(copy from dagogo)
    The sound of the system was one of articulation and prowess. The Steinway piano played by Evgeny Kissin was airy with sophistication in tonality, an aspect the large-diameter midrange of the Acoustic Systems speaker was made to accomplish without breaking a sweat.

Frank,

We expect you could do more hard sales to us.... Congratulation! This is a very successful show .
  • Options
    C.C.N

Thank you for choosing my Tango speakers , hope they give you years music listening enjoyment !
    You said the right word , " rythm" , I am a live musician , very sensitive for this .
    Tips for you to make the Tango run in fast , choose a very dynamic and with a lot bass recording , play very loud if you can for 3~5 mn , don't worry , the Tango can handle 650 watts continue without clipping , than should be fine for service , this is due to mechanical factor of the drivers , after this process , the overall sound more smoother & the bass goes deeper but with full harmonics.

My best regards

• Options
    Very early morning, not sleeping yet, due to expecting when AE's shipment arrive(J.L/PT, push d supplier a bit)............searching d site and found some new info about ASR,
    "http://www.6moons.com/industryfeatures/franckturkey/izmir_2.html"

This is d first time i saw inside of the Tango - i copy the cool wording from Franck: "Is there any damping material inside a violin". Cool ha? What ever theres nothing or newspaper inside, i like the sound of these speaker.........but whats the upgrade version is? And whats gonna change with Platinum install?? Can i do the upgrade installation ourself??? Before that, i will find a wine glass first......
  • Options
    Resonators arrived. Other stuff takes time. I know it is painful but that's the way it is.
  • Options
    有関 Resonators有不同版本的材料:

鉑金
    PT可否分享一下不同版本的特性
  • Options
    C.C. N.

Your Tangos are the version with basic + Gold + Platinum inside . so no need to upgrade anything . just need to check all screws and re-tighten them after burn in ( do not over tighten ) .
    We even use 6 watts 300B amp , my Turkey distributor uses 16watts 300B amps as yours . great musical sounding .

Regards

Franck

• Options
    Studiogrey

Below are some specifications of different resonators :

Basic = Copper mixe with silver , I designed this one for treat the room's LF decay ( echo) .
    Silver = Silver mixe with copper , is very useful to open the sound space .
    Gold = a lot of energy at Low & Low midrange yet very rich & warm .
    Platinum = is the conductor of orchestra when combine with others .

Different metal has its own density & tonality
    Basic & Silver D= 10.5
    Gold D= 15.5
    Platinum D = 21
    highter density gives more dynamic response , but need to combine with others to get better modulation .

Regards

Franck

• Options
    Studiogrey, CCN, my grand master already said it all. One cannot really isolate which resonator is a better buy than the other one because it is a whole system chain. There is no formula also because every room is different. I am free next week to help fix room of you guys.
  • Options
    Thanks you Master!