Skip to content
Options

Tango Speakers from Acoustics System Int'l

New speakers from our Acoustic Master

Comments

• Options
    Full Picture driven by Karan Mono Blocks and latest dCS Scarlatti wired by Argento Flow
  • Options
    Any spec? like is it sensitive/easy to drive etc.?
  • Options
    When the word “ loudspeakers” come in mind, like the name , speakers should speak for every component’s, not for themselves. The bandwidth must be as wide as possible. No artificial frequency correction -6db octave crossover network. Use fewer components to preserve energy . Less is more!

The speaker’s cabinet is the instrument of every instruments going to be reproduced via the cabinet. It must be able to produces tone in different octave and aesthetical acceptable in a living room for most of people.

The Tango speakers are built under these ideas. We use custom made carbon fibre woofer & carbon/paper midrange, silk dome or diamond tweeter, chosen for very fast response The cabinet doesn’t use any absorber material but only solid wood at every horizontal separate compartments including the bottom plate. This is very important for preserving transparency and harmonics. Do you know any instrument use absorber material inside?

All drivers must be correctly mounted on cabinet without excess tension. The first step is primordial because excess tension will create compression and lose overtones. In order to control the cabinet resonance, the employment of our proprietary resonator technology tuning technique clean up un-wanted LF resonance produced by the pressure inside the cabinet as well as enhancing overtone.

Of course, good measurement doesn’t mean good sounding speakers, so I tuned the speakers acoustically/mechanically (in room ) to offer the best listening window.

Result

After some painstaking works, the speakers are full range, homogenize, dynamic, no mechanical artifacts and no compression. The Tango is a very nautral sounding “Loudspeakers.”

Designer
    Franck
  • Options
    Specifications:

Cross over FQ = 280Hz & 2.8 Khz Frist order

Norminal impecdace= 5.6 Ohm

Sensitivity = 89db

Listening window : 18hz ~25 Khz +/- 3db

3 x 8" carbon fibre woofer
    1x 5" carbon/paper Midrange
    1x 1" Silk dome tweeter

Optional : Diamond Tweeter ..

Weight : 65Kgs each net

Standard cabinet finished : Rosewood HC verneer
  • Options
    Assembling process
  • Options
    He is a professor of electrical engineering doing soldering job for the Tango as he likes them so much.
  • Options
    The best finish available in my opinion is Rosewood. Notice the feet that comes standard is the reference feet.
  • Options
    The front view
  • Options
    The Tango Speaker from Acoustic System Int'l also arrived HK. I am keen to know how well will this speaker perform. Franck told me over the phone the speaker is unconventional design. Mr.Zanden is keen to find out too as he heard the prototype when he was in Paris one year ago. According to him, the sound is extremely lively and fast. We shall find out soon enough.
  • Options
    ccn,

According to Franck, this is the most tranparency speakers in -room performance , the micro dynamic is cutting edge. Need at least 100h for the Mid & High to open and after 400h is perfect. Forget the sensitivity measurement, the sound is so transparent that you may think it is a high efficiency speaker. The da vinci can drive them easily.

If the bass is too strong, open the lower bass driver, you can see a pc of rosewood ( round ), just behind the cables , on the rosewood , you can see the arrow head point to 3 o'clock or 9 o'clock which is the factory setup. To reduce the bass in room response, turn the arrow head to 1 o'clock.

Expect to see your Da Vinci to TANGO!!!

• Options
    I will contact PT next week for more discuss......
  • Options
    c.c.n's new Tango
  • Options
    The Da Vinci partners well with the Tango right from the 1st minute. I'm sorry that my camera battery ran out before I wanted to take more shots. But what's important is the sound. I'll let c.c.n elaborate more on his experience. General speaking, he was quite shocked by the immediate openness of the Tango. Maisky's Cello stood in front of us playing. Ok...ok.....you may say exaggeration because how can it be? Right, the speakers were just right out of the box for 1 hours.... Go and find out yourself.
  • Options
    PT, JL, this speaker really shock me!!! The orchestra paly behind the back wall with full picture, and this is just a part of it.... report & post more pic tomorrow.
  • Options
    Franck only do serious stuff. Your reactions are not surprise to us. We will not waste your time. Thank you for the trust. Does it sound like high efficiency speaker?