Skip to content
Options

Sammy's first LP turntable: Raven One by TW Acustics

Sammy,

Your Raven ONE sounds superb right out of the box! It sounds big! It looks great! Our technician assembled it this afternoon, do all the necessary alignment for you. At 6pm, I went and check. Good news it is up and running and sounds superb with the Tron Seven Phono. I listened to Jazz, Violin, Piano and Vocal before I departed at 7pm. I am very satisfied with the sound.

It will be dispatched to your home tomorrow afternoon.

PT

Comments

• Options
    The craftmanship at this price range is unbelivable. It has MASS, and nothing can replace MASS when it comes to the battle against vibration
  • Options
    Even the power supply control unit is as the same as the renowned Raven AC
  • Options
    The Vivid Tonearm
  • Options
    Lucky you, I am waiting for the 3 motor big bird for 3 months. Then, the Raven one landed. From the picture, the quality of the Raven one is excellent. Not sure what cartridge and phono you are paring up with the Raven but everywhere I go in the world, they are always working with Tron. Here is link for the review:

http://6moons.com/audioreviews/tron2/seven.html
  • Options
    Ken, I use my Boulder 1012's built-in phono. Cartridge: Clearaudio Talisman as recommended by PT. Awaiting phono cable, as Boulder requires XLR, which is not common for phono cable I guess. The Raven One does look great. I like it simple. Will let you how it sounds in my home once the cable is in place.

Sammy
  • Options
    I am so glad that the Raven One is up and running in Sammy's lovely listening environment. I partially treated his room. There is huge potential in his listening environment.
  • Options
    The amplification part is responsible by Boulder.
  • Options
    The big picture
  • Options
    After running my baby Raven for a few days, I can now at least make some basic comments. Firstly, I have to thank PT to make it plug-and-play, as I know nothing about turntable, and asked PT many naive questions. I guess, for me as a beginner, sophisticated turntable would result in more trouble than fun.

I don't know how a turntable should sound, but I found density and dynamic is lot...lot better than my Wadia transport plus Boulder 1012 DAC. I played "Misty" by Tsuyoshi Yamamoto Trio. The piano is impressive ie. "flesh". It seems so hard for CD, but I can now get it with my baby Raven. Vocal by Diana Krall is also great.

I found Boulder 1012's phono is fine for me at this stage. I better stay away from Tron Seven for the time being before I have budget again.

Sammy
  • Options
    The above is written by Sammy. Meant to reply to Ken Chui
  • Options
    Sammy, try use Flow on the Raven. It is very good.
  • Options
    Ken, as you advised, I plugged the Flow to Raven from day one.

Sammy
  • Options
    Sammy, use another Flow on your phono.
  • Options
    I agree the Flow works fantastic on phonostages. It is very quiet.