Skip to content
Options

To Robert, how is your O1SE experience after few more days?

Robert,

Can you share more?

Daniel

Comments

• Options
    Daniel,

I started the round of upgrades about 8 months ago because I noticed my system at the time could not reproduce violin well. Violin sounded metallic and edgy. In solving the problem, I took advises from AE, first, I replaced my transport to the Orpheus Zero, and then I changed several cables to Argento, through each step I knew I was making progress. Now, with the arrival of the Orpheus SE, I felt I achieved my initial goal and then some. Actually, quite a bit more. The SE not only makes violin and any other instrument or vocal sound right, it also provides a much more involving experience of which made me enjoy music a lot more.

Now after a few days listening to the SE, the initial 'wow" factor is over. I have the feeling the Argento Level One power cord and Serenity Reference interconnects I am using do not seems to be "sophisticated" enough for the Zero and SE. I am thinking even higher end cables. Anyway, just a thought, I could very much be wrong. Too bad I am not in HK, otherwise, I would certainly like to audition a set of SMRs, I could decide for myself if they are overkill or not for my set up.

I am also thinking in terms of "content", or "stop when you are ahead". But I guess those would be the wrong subjects to discuss here in the Exotics forum.

Robert

• Options
    Rob,

SMR? No regret. I thnk the SR SE betters many oher cables from a music perspective.

My 2 cents

Daniel
  • Options
    Daniel,

Did you have exeperience with the SR? I am wondering what is your take on the difference between SR and SR SE? Or, what about SR SE and SMR?

Again, I wish I could try all of them in my system.

Regards,

Robert
  • Options
    In some system, the SMR may be too much energy. The SR SE in most system sound balance. I tried a pair of SMR, immense resolution bu my electronics cannot control the energy. The SR SE transparency better than many G wires from the netherland. I compared the most expensive g interconnects with SR SE. I cannot go back to those untrue mid range.
  • Options
    Daniel,

I too had many G wires before, I sold them all besides the speaker cables, which I think will also be replaced in time.

Re what you said about the SMR may have too much energy, I may actually like it, as I am using a pair of monitor speakers in a good size room. But it is still a concern, and I hoping to try before making buying decision. I may also wait to hear---as Marvel has suggested in a earlier post ---how good are the upcoming new Argento cables.

Robert
  • Options
    Robert,

Go fo the SMR SE! But there is not enough bass from your speakers. The smr cables may have too much energy in mid range and trebel. Sound may not be natural.

If you still have the G wires, a better investment is a pair of serenity spk cable or serenity reference spk cable.

I don\'t know about new argento cables.

Daniel