Skip to content
Options

Question for Mr.Zanden about 1200 phonostage

Mr.Zanden,

I always read your hifi article with great interest. I bought the Zanden 1200 phonostage recently. I am very satisfied with the refinement and concert like atmosphere. The popularity of SRA amongst AE customers seems very high. You seem to like it too in your writing. I am thinking of getting one for the 1200 phono as tubes are very vulnerable to vibration. Are you using one for your phono too? Can you share more your SRA experience?

Puyi

Comments

• Options
    Puyi,

The timing of your mail is impeccable as I'm currently on this forum.

I'm satisfied with the SRA under my transport, however, as all my Zanden electronics are strategically placed on Acoustical-International
    racks and platforms, I'm not contemplating of having anymore vibration control devise. Of course, if you are not using any
    platform/rack, I highly recommend the SRA, perhaps with a little bit of math calculation, it's cheaper to order a tailor-made rack than a single platform as you will end up ordering one for your other equipments later on.

All the best with the 1200, please do not forget to experiment with the RIAA, DECCA & COLUMBIA options, LPs made in late 50's and 60's were not standard RIAA equalisation, you'll be pleasantly surprised to hear many old DECCA U.K. pressing on DECCA posiiton sounding better with the nasty treble disappearing. Pls also experiment with the polarity switch on the pre-amp too if the sound of the LP is thin or a little bit harsh.

Happy listening