Skip to content
Options

When Baldur meets Eufrodite

With much skepticism on whether a high powered mono block would mate well will a 98db high efficiency legendary speakers, I finally have Eufrodite coming into my system on a 'short term attachment' pairing with the German tanks.

The lyratic texture with endless trails of harmonic details especially on strings and vocals have left me with no choice but to ask about the trade in option of Neo for a pair of Ultimate Signature Eufrodite. Earliest delivery would be in 2008 has partly put me to despair and halfly to relief. Given my commitments for the rest of 2007 on exotic stuff from AE, I cannot 'swallow' another pair of Eufrodite in 2007 except that I start stocking Euro to prevent further appreciation of the currency making my deal price even more exotic.

I find my space exceptionally good in accommodating this pair of speaker and the high damping factor of the Baldur has not caused a great deal of compression to the overall sounding. Of course, the curse of using Cantata pairing with Syren keeps taunting me and I hope I could resist the temptation of running two pairs of amplification. I am destined to be Mr. Baldur (after Mr Wavac, Mr Zanden) with my upcoming Baldur reference preamp.

Marvel

Comments

• Options
    Should I call you Mr.Baldur from now on? I encourage you to get th Eufro with the cantata asap.
  • Options
    Marvel, why wait till 08? Grab them now!

Wil from Beijing
  • Options
    William, need to foot the bill for other exotic stuff in 2007 so need to prioritise this to 2008. The Craz rack and SRA amp stands are already 'out of budget' expenditure for 2007. My original plan was to get Eufro in 2007 and then LP in 2H07 but with the emerge of Baldur reference preamp and the LP system happening earlier than expected, I need to be cautious to avoid over spending which I am sure I did already.

• Options
    Marvel,

I am surprised big power amp could drive the Horning well. What is your volume position now relative to your old speakers?

KC
  • Options
    Ken,

Interestingly, I use similar volume setting and I find the power amp controlling the speaker very well. It seems to have certain level of 'intelligence' to learn the impedance of the speaker and makes some self-adjustment. I know I might be speaking non-sense but over the past 3 nights when I listened to Eufro, the volume setting is more or less the same as Neo.

Marvel
  • Options
    marvel前輩 我聽說你明天去pt家裡聽他的最新的speaker, 我驚你會中毒0..0. 我回家聽我自己的音響 可以用一個形容詞, "不知所謂"0..0. 但marvel前輩你的音響高我好多好多好多級. 可能不會覺得是什麼^^" 沒有什麼特別^^ 不過都是一句, 小心中毒^^"

marvel前輩 有機會 可以到你家裡學習嗎?
  • Options
    Butcher,

Thanks for your caution. Please don't be humble. I am also an amateur in many respect, especially on music. When we meet, you will find I am no difference from many others...Happy to arrange some home visits.

PT's home is now housing DV full set...I know how it would sound and no matter how poisonous those stuff are, I am sure my nurse (ie my wife) will cure / kill me from having any crazy idea of putting those wallrobe into my tiny little space. My Neo and the Eufrodite on loan sittng in my place are getting severe complaints already!

Marvel
  • Options
    Marvel,

That's very interesting. Your poweramp is powerful. It may be too hard for the lowther driver. Maybe, the isobraric drivers consumes huge energy from the amplifier.

So, did you go listen to the Da Vinci suite and got poisoned?

KC
  • Options
    Marvel, do you find it difficult to go back to Neo now?
  • Options
    William,

Well, yes and no...I think I will buy it but later...on string instruments, the flow and coherence given at ease by the Eufro is unheard of in my system. The transparency is on the contour without diluting the solid texture and ambience filling up the 'imaginative' objects inside and surrounding them. Neo can give the 'big picture' type of resolution but not to this extent certainly.

I need to fall back to Neo soon as I have to return the Eufro to PT, I will miss them but I hope this is just a short term memory and I can live with it....

Marvel