Skip to content
Options

Sense and Sensibility - the arrival of the Da Vinci Intonation

2»

Comments

• Options
    I agree with everyone x 100
  • Options
    The lacquer on the Intonation is one kind of balsamic violin oil varnish with lavender from Italy with a century of history.

• Options
    查兄,聽說你上週拜訪了PT聽達文西系統,請問是什麼東東?部大O記解碼咩料?
  • Options
    Yes, tell us more
  • Options
    This system is interesting. No one really talks about it here except Marvel. Charles, tell us more.
  • Options
    發哥

你的消息都快而準.
    冇錯我在星期六拜訪了PT.
    聽了達文西系統. 一開聲我的第一個感覺係好似去咗大會堂聽音樂. 而家都唔記得一開聲時係播乜嘢音樂. 當時只係想點解會咁真實.
    跟住應該係播小提琴, 成支小提琴在我面前搖來搖去真過癮.
    到人聲又一樣, 成個人站在我面前.
    達文西系統的立體感相當好.
    我聽完後跟PT 談論為什麼可以咁立體?
    原來就係部 Orpheus 解碼.
    還有我明白了什麼是質什麼是量.
    我覺得 PT 調較這系統係重質多過重量.
    質感相當強而量就不多.
    音樂原來真係有顏色的. 終於能夠聽到音樂上的顏色.
    多謝 PT 和這套達文西系統.
  • Options
    查兄,你的敘述好吸引。我覺得Horning已經好真好有現場感,達文西究竟和Horning有什麼不同的表達方法?你有冇去聽Cessaro號角喇叭?

你認為大O記靚聲過O1SE好多嗎?
  • Options
    Fat gor,

Between Orpheus Heritage and their 01SE, the major difference is the resolution of the textures and timbre rendered by the Heritage is much richer and colorful than 01SE.

Marvel
  • Options
    發哥

Marvel 大大已經講得很清楚 heritage 和 O1SE 的分別我就不重複.
    我沒聽過Cessaro Speaker.
    horning 和 達文西的speaker 表達方法大至上係一樣.

Charles

• Options
    Marvel, how do you compare the Da Vinci speaker with the Horning Eufrodite? I know DV is a "one-dragon" system but still would like to know your opinion.

Charles hing seems very impressed with the sound color of this system. Is color the strength of the DV system?

Marvel, without offense, I think the drivers of your speakers cannot show too much of sound color compare to high effieincy drivers used in Horning, Da Vinci and Cessaro etc. Do you think the present state of your system sounds relatively black and white?

I wish I have the quality of your front end. Speakers in my humble opinion becomes your major bottleneck. When will Cessaro land at marvel base?
  • Options
    Ken,

From an end user perspective, I believe (I should say, I suspect) Eufrodite has a higher commercial acceptance factor than Intonation. Although both designers of Eufro and Intonation are thinking from a one-stop shop perspective using their own amplification system to develop these 2 speakers. Put it this way, I have never seen/heard Intonation being used in another non-DV amplification system but I have seen/heard Eufro mating with several different amplifiers with some good results. If I were to use Intonation, I would buy their amps and vice versa.. Ken, you are rigfht and so does Charles, music has color and DV just gets you indulge in the tonal color of the music and the reproduction of the vocal is really unsurpassed.

Yes, Cessaro is earmarked but before it comes, glad to have you come and listen to Neo. I think it is already quite impressive partnering with my Zanden and LP gears....

Marvel
  • Options
    Marvel, with due respect I know your system must be good as described in 6moons. I am a horn and high efficiency guy. I know exactly where you are coming from. I know how much color you are reaping from low efficient drivers. Your front end are superb gears, capable of most other electronics cannot do but the speakers are limiting the potential in the upstream. Again, no offense please, I am speaking from a resource utilization point of view. I admire you do things step by step. A guy who spend on a craze rack must know what he is doing other than showing to the world he is crazy, right? There is nothing more you can further upgrade on your front end as I see it. Maybe some horiztonal move adding one more arm/cartridge, then it comes back to the same point, the speakers are not revealing what you'are supposed to hear with your front end. I am glad you finally move ahead. After the cessaro, there is no more you can do. Maybe, upgrade your home.

It may be a good idea to host a Marvel/Neo day before saying goodbye to the Neo. When the day comes, count me in.
  • Options
    查兄,Marvel大大,我和我個仔想問音樂的顏色是怎樣聽出來?
  • Options
    Fat gor,

In a simple term, my definition (probably not the same as others') for the musical color is the tonality of music, be it vocal, be it instrument. Tonality of a picture is easy to visualise, pale, rich, over-rich...on the other hand, tonality of the vocal and instrument require some understanding on the performer and the specific instrument. In the old days when we have some 'underground singers' immitating famous singers like Sam Hui or Leslie Cheung, we can differentiate the two of them after hearing for a while. It is the tonality of the voice. Likewise, different piano, different violin performed by different performers will yield different tonality.

Marvel
  • Options
    With a heavy overdose of food and wine during the festive season, I went over to listen to the Da Vinci suite at PianoTuner’s place for a reality check. The trip did not disappoint!

Honestly, it is an experience of a life time and, without doubt, a most poisonous concoction of extremist’s stereo knowhows. The circuit board-free implementation within the majestic monoblocks guarantees speed and directness whilst the full range speaker with the active bass provides seamless integration of voicing from pole to pole.

For the first time (thru’ the famed Vekian), I heard an additional layer of expressiveness in Diana Krall (Live in Paris) that makes me wonderful if I need to revisit her discography once again. Mussorgsky’s night on bald mountain (RR / Minnesota Orchestra / Mephisto & Co.) had me realized that all along my version of bald mountain was just a lame outcry from the roof top instead of the roaring winds from Mount Sinai as churned out by the Intonation.

There are no words to describe the sense of naturalism. In an ultimate suite system as this, extrapolation is meaningless beyond the cliff of imagination - all else will simply find its place by regression. With less than 12 hours to go, this is surely the best performance I had body-witnessed in 2008.