Skip to content
Options

Esprit Cables

2»

Comments

• Options
    Hi Marvel. 
    I’m still in burn in process. Let me finish it and i'll gladly answer you as best as my english let me done it.  ;) 
    One question for Esprit users… Has anyone tested different batteries brands? Do they sound different?
    Maybe Eric could answer this question about impact of different kind of batteries (alkaline vs lithium) and different brands…
    Being Polarization so important in Esprit sound i think it is a relevant question. 
    Regards. 

• Options
    Hi everybody. 
    New Esprit G9 line is already available. 
    Anybody could share his experience vs G8?
    Much appreciated….
  • Options
    G9 Gaia power cable is phenomenal. It moves so much bass momentum after I used it on amplifier. The disappearing act of the whole system deepens and finesse/refinement at another level. 
  • Options
    Thank you DVader. 

Have you compared it vs G8?
    Your description could be applied to my current Gaia G8 power cable. 
  • Options
    Yes higher resolution than G8 on the whole frequency range. It is very apparent on symphony recording. G8 is relatively coarse on the upper frequency in comparison. 
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Eric post explaining Esprit technology is very interesting and i have experimented same impact sound he explains across all my Esprit cables. 
    New products are coming and i’m now focused in Volta Range because Esprit uses Silver plated in connectors too…

As he explains:

“As explained , silver is the best conductor of all metals. Esprit uses proprietary connectors with a very specific technology.

Like silver plated cables, most silver-plated connectors are flash plated with an extremely thin layer of silver: 0.3 to 0.4µm. To make the silver adhere to the copper, the manufacturer generally adds a layer of nickel or chrome. And those metals are not good at conducting electricity. Gold plating is no better, and rhodium is even worse. The main quality of rhodium is that it is a self-levelling material, ensuring a nice even surface. However, its conductivity characteristics are very poor.

Silver is the way to go for connectors. Esprit have their connectors made from pure copper, then sent to a plating company where multiple layers of pure silver and pure copper are applied to the connectors. This is as close as you will get to a solid silver connector.

Where solder is used, Richard uses only 4% silver solder. 

The result is a sweet tone, zero harshness in the treble and plenty of dynamics.”

Even better New Volta is in the pipeline (RS) and my question for Eric is:

Are you going to launch a silver platted wall socket?

I find always same Rhodium, Gold, Palladium, etc… in rest of brands. 

And question for fellows members:

Being the first contact in every system and impact it implies:

What kind of wall socket do you use?

I’m missing something?

I didn’t find wall socket experiences in AE forum. 

• Options
    Ready to be connected….

• Options
    edited June 2022

‘When More becomes Less’

Double running two pairs of Esprit Gaia speaker cable between Engstrom Eric Encore monoblocks and Goebel Marquis has rocketed the sound quality to uncharted terrain in AE central. 

It would be a huge mistake if one uses different brands of speaker cables to do bi-wiring connection because the path with lesser resistance (impedance) always allows faster flow of current.  Uneven distribution of current between the 2 speaker cables would contribute to speed inconsistency.  I had painfully experienced this when Marquis was first installed with two different brands of speaker cables while I was awaiting the arrival of kangai jumpers. 

With 2 pairs of Esprit Gaia speaker cables, the overall impedance is reduced by 50% while the number of conductors doubled.   Whereas for single wiring with jumpers, the overall impedance is the arithmetic sum of the impedances of both.

Luciano Pavarotti sings “Nessun dorma” from Turandot with captivating passion. His diction stood out clearly from the orchestral.  Just before the climatic end of the aria, a chorus of ladies at the back can be heard with a distance perspective. They sang in harmony with vibrancy.  The ending delivers a final triumphal note of the opera with an unprecedented level of clarity!

The first movement of the “Pines of Rome” by Respighi describes children playing in a garden by deploying many brass instruments such as flutes, clarinet and horns.  Double running two pairs of Gaia delineates all musical details at ease.  There are sparkles bursting out in an omnidirectional manner.  I am more connected with the aura intended by this movement.

Schindler’s List by Anne Sophie Mutter, Live from the Yellow Lounge, is my all time favourite to demonstrate the energy of the Lord Raven violin by Stradivari. The Yellow Lounge was previously a train station;  it is now re-renovated as a night club in Berlin.  The live performance captures my attention to the minutest details throughout the captivating performance of Mutter engulfing by the special acoustic properties of this old train station.

In short, double-running a pair of Esprit Gaia speaker cable brings me vastly closer to live music. I am utterly thrilled by the technical bonding between Engstrom Eric Encore amplifiers and Goebel Marquis. This is a transformational upgrade. There is no way for me to turning back to single wire.

• Options
    My Nova is hidden behind the AV center speaker. 
    Man
  • Options
    Nova is selling like a hotcake, so far 100% hit ratio when AB, and within 1 mins  :D

• Options
    It is fun to explore the sweet’s spot. I found it is the best to place behind sofa now. 
    Man