Skip to content

Product of the Year 2017

2»

Comments

• I am late in voting because I have lately got some trouble signing in. 

Eric from Lars earns my unreserved vote.   It really opens a new page in my entire hifi journey!  

I am still struggling among takumi mc1, Atlantis dac, jmf3.7 transport and Seiryu cartridge to be the runners up. 

Marvel
  • My vote:

1. Troy elite - no brainer under all circumstances

2. Trinity Golden reference preamp. you go to visit PT’s own system - maximum bravo!!

3. Thales Statement arm 
  • ~~Products of the year 2017~~

Engström & Engström MONICA and ERIC:

Natural and Neutral, powerful but elegant. A standard and reference for all tube amplifiers, the truth of tube you are seeking for. So true and so honest, simply perfection. It lets every single melody flows in the air. You just put the concert hall in your home, do you know that?!!

JMF Audio AC (in new showroom):

The new technology is stunning. A amazing depth with solid layering and the sound is so clean, smooth, steady and natural. Please notice, I am comparing it with the Tripoint Empire AC: the layering and control of the JMF is outperform than the Tripoint, although the width of Tripoint is wider than JMF!!!!

I am kidding! Repeat, I am not kidding! YOU MUST LISTEN IT!!!

Divin:

A top end of all traditional speakers. It is a view when you look outside, the trees, the river, the wind and the mountains at the back. So beautiful, so true, so smooth and solid. It presents how music should be. You are not listening this speakers with ears but heart. Gorgeous!

Theatre II:

A simple live show. Lots of energy but hold still. It knows what it is doing and well doing. He is powerful but not over using his power as a great king. It can manage all kinds of music. The reference for all P.A. speakers; fast, strong, huge and lively. Chris, do you know what you have done?!

Tripoint Elite and Daley Meda:

......What can I say......

Are you looking for grounding box? So, have you tried the Tripoint yet? I sincerely hope you can try it. Thank you so much.

• my vote is 
    monica and eric super amp 
    and the MEDA ground cable must the best buy !
  • Thanks for voting. 

It is my turn now:

1. Vertere reference motor control (because it transcends analog playback to a level that i know will be extremely difficult to replicate somewhere, who would spend so much resources on the motor control? None.). Even though very few people understand, this is my number one choice this year. 

2. Trinity golden reference preamp because it exceeds the boundary of solid state electronics. Thousands of people listened to it during the August HK Hi End show with concensus accolates. 

3. The BLUE Dragon 青龍 cartridge. Koichi san’s revolutionary idea of not using a generator breaks all new ground in elimination of magnetic distortion thereby revealing much more inner resolution of the music. It liberates so much more of everything from the vinyl. 
  • 4. Wadax Atlantis Universal transport - no need to explain, just listen. 

5. Eric by Engstrom. 
  • Just notice I have not yet voted.   My vote goes to Thales Statement Arm and Blue Dragon cartridge.   I was so content with my Simplicity 2 and Madake before.   However, the Statement Arm together with Blue Dragon gave me really big surprise.  They are perfect match!