Skip to content
Options

Argento FMR EE - a magnificent cable series by Ulrik Madsen

Comments

• Options
    Argento FMR EE all the way!
  • Options
    I am lucky to get one Argento FRM EE power cord after the show, it has a very magnificent outlook and it is very excited to hold it in my hand coz I am holding 800g of silver at the same time, I tried it with my fronts and preamp, it is really great and amazing, but when I tried it with長空 amp as PT did even I only got one, and I can still tell it is the position suits in my system, I tried a lot of silver power cords before, like Triple Croxx and Purixx Audix Desixx 30th pc, I do think the Argento FRM EE PC is the best, and I am waiting to get one more for my another amp.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    I am another lucky owner of this cable. I have tried connecting it with filter and Atlantis Dac. I just got one so I didn't plug it to my power amps. 
    It is more effective on Dac than on filter. I could immediately hear a more quiet background, extremely high resolution especially in bass, with higher density and clearer image and silhouette. 
    This cable enhances the sound image to the level of Divin Lab! The soundstage now is so solid and live-like. I keep listening to different CDs now and found so much detail was missing in my previous playbacks...

Man
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    I tried briefly the FMR EE in the Synaestec Fulcrum preamp before unwillingly passed to Man.

Ulrik has, again, not failed our expectation in delivering this mega weight power cable 2 years since the first member of the FMR EE was born.  I will share more on the technical details of this power cable.  My short rendezvous with this long awaited cable has proven this 2 years wait worths every single second.  The cable competition, especially in the AE circle of super 'power's, has rendered a longer and longer comparison duration with a wider range of music needed.  Nowadays, I hear PT saying using more difficult music for cable and gear evaluation because classical music is becoming 'so elementary' in those comparisons.....

For FMR EE, I can feel a more spherical development and propagation of the air and harmonics on the bass notes.  Nothing is more vivid and natural than FMR EE in this preamp position. 

I may be 'religiously' biased towards Argento, but comments by Paul and Man above assure me this may be in fact a new star seizing at ease the throne!

Ulrik, you said power cable is the most difficult to make. I concur with my 2 thumbs up!!

Marvel

• Options
    edited February 2020
    I figure out the best is let results speak for itself. Conventional approach to marketing aims primarily at raising brand awareness.  A “value” approach focuses on core competences - intrinsic value is the prime determinant of price, not by the dynamics of demand and supply.  That is not to say the pricing mechanism is irrelevant. It is about - “do you really know what and why you are buying this?”  

A few customers who are using a few FMR EE ground cables asked me why I had never posted pictures in the public. That is because such avenue is really not my sales channel. I convince by thorough demo on site, explaining in details and answering questions by facts. 
    This is the first picture I have ever posted. The third round of stock finally arrive pending delivery next week. 
  • Options
    The introduction of FMR EE on my LARS Eric power amp is instrumental as it drains out all ground noise which obstacle the energy propagation.  I can experience a much more direct impact on the attack and transients.  Similar approach was taken to connect the XiangYu subwoofer in the firebird with another powerful ground wire yielding a much more complete and effective clearance of the notorious ground noise contaminating the signal going into the speaker.  

My recommendation is to put the most powerful ground wires on the power amp as they stand on the last gate to prevent the amplified signal from contamination!

• Options

• Options
    My husband connected one EE ground from Nagra HD pre to the Troy NG, we feel like it is like magic. Everything is so much better, especially bass department, seems like we can touch the bass. Mr Leung had done a very convincing demo comparing the change of interconnect/power cable versus ground wire, in a interesting blind test, for my family.  We can’t tell which delivers more improvement. But my daughter says the ground transcends the system in Sheung Wan the most.  Then Mr Leung moved on to compare different ground cables on the position of amplifier and preamplifier.  Dalby, Argento do the best ground wires out there. 

We are sold. Will get another one soon for the power amp. 
  • Options
    I just want to thank you PT for introducing this FMR EE ground cable to me. I was so touched when I suddenly played 相愛很難 by Jacky Cheung and Anita Mui.  I really meant very touched the moment when Anita Mui started singing, there was so much palpability all of a sudden; and then there were so many layers of energy, so many sparkles and so much more emotions.  This is not supposed to be a very good recording. But after connecting the FMR EE ground to the amplifier, my wife asked me to play the same track 3 times, before we were indulged by 日與夜 by the angelic 林憶蓮 and Jacky Cheung in the last track of this record.
  • Options
    呢隻碟,錄音質數⋯⋯我不能感受到你們所形容的
  • Options
    Phew! The phono ground cable is mind boggling! Damn, I had never thought using an exotic cable between the arm board and the Zanden phono. The reduction of noises is staggering. The arm board is essentially the analog deck as they are mechanically coupled. Rotation keeps generating ground noises.  I thought grounding the power supply of the deck resolves the problem. It turns out the arm has to be grounded too. Damn it, this improvement is beyond my expectation.  

The Zanden phono is then connected to the Troy signature NG.