Skip to content
Options

Product of the Year - 2015

2»

Comments

• Options
    I vote K15-ex, the only gear I upgrade this year and the sound improvement is tremendous and is too hard to describe by words !
  • Options
    好難選擇,但剛剛聽到了Trinity DAC 加 optical module, 冇野講!

My vote is Trinity
  • Options
    My vote goes to K15EX -- beautiful tone with superb resolution in one-box! A close second is the Vertere USB cable -- it is at least as good as the absolute dream which is 3 times as expensive. It should at least be best buy of the year.
  • Options
    I have shortlisted the following as candidates for my choice of the product for the year: Vertere HB cables (USB, interconnect, power), Skogrand Beethoven cables (power, speaker cable), K15Ex, Cessaro Rachmaninov subwoofer, Lars Monica preamp, Vertere record playback system (inclusive of the reference tonearm), Cessaro Air1 preamp and just a little more than 2 days ago the Zanden Chukoh preamp....At this juncture, I'd move Air 1 and Chukoh to 2016 for the reason that I wish to have more time to understand both of them.

For the rest, I would opt for Cessaro Rachmaninov subwoofer. I am aware that not a lot of echo would come from the AE community on this subwoofer because only a few have been delivered. I choose this as my vote for the product of the year 2015 because of 2 reasons:

1. It really poses challenges to my listening skill on how to integrate best with the main speaker by setting properly the various parameters in the subwoofer. The key is on the relative input sensitivity of the main power amp and the power amp inside the subwoofer driving the dual 15" drivers. I really learnt a lot from Ralph and PT who have worked closely with me to ensure the integration is correctly set.

2. My family was pleasantly amazed by having the presence of the subwoofer which counter intuitively bring much clarity to the whole spectrum and create a more solid 3-d feel of the soundstage. They had the same level of applause when Vertere record playback system was installed by TJ.

In short: Cessaro Rach subwoofer

• Options
    Merry Christmas to all fellow comrades in the AE Forum....please vote the product that is most impressive to you in 2015....Currently it looks as though K15Ex is getting the top vote...

• Options
    My vote goes to Trinity DAC with optical module
  • Options
    My vote goes to Touraj's Reference arm - a true no brainer cost no object approach to tone arm design with solid engineering principles and meticulous craftsmanship backed by ground breaking hypothesis that truly translates into executable solution.
  • Options
    PT,

The global market is fucking dead now. Can you write some good articles in English? You wrote a lot more in the past than now. I don't fucking care you are the seller. Years of relationship proves credibility. Casual talks are good but I miss in-depth analytics. Please do more of this. Once again, it does not matter you are the seller. This is a very special community where we do things our fucking ways. As long as you write, whether it is rubbish or biblical, people read. If your pen is sharp, people know.

Why don't I give you an assignment? Please write a review on the upcoming Beethoven USB cable by Skogrand versus Vetere HB on the trinity DAC with the optical module. That should be fucking conclusive. Please do a good job.
  • Options
    To Marvel bro,

You have become lazy too. Can you share some of your latest acquisitions?
  • Options
    I will receive Skogrand's Beethoven USB cable today. And I will test it on trinity DAC with optical module against Vetere HB USB. I will then deliver a comprehensive report
  • Options
    Dear Voy,

Indeed...I have been too rush for some gatherings in this festive season whenever I return back to HK during weekends. I will do more in-depth report on the Skogrand speaker cable, power cable and interconnect cable followed by the Dalby Ode power filter....I would also like to add a review on the Synaestec SACD player called Origo. Although the AE community has moved ahead towards CAS for a long while and you cannot find any trace of CD/CD player in AE showroom and in PT's place, there is still a big mass market in HK who are using SA/CD player as one, if not only one, of their source. In my view Origo kills many giants in this category and it is itself gigantic!!

Last but certainly not the least, the Cessaro preamp Air 1...

You won't get bored for sure.

Marvel

• Options
    Marvel

The Dalby Ode conditioner is truly amazing on trinity preamp and Takumi K15. Where are you using it?
  • Options
    Raymond, to buy time for quicker burning in, I am connecting it in the Trinity power amp...