Skip to content
Options

Anyone hear listen to the Horning flagship speakers?

Can anyone share their expereince?

Jeff

Comments

• Options
    Dear Jeff,

I did quite several times. Extremely transparent and real. Matches perfectly well with its own brand integrated amp. Too much has been said on this speaker before (in our other emails) so I don't intend to repeat here.

To me, the biggest temptation for upgrade in 2007.

Marvel
  • Options
    It is so real. Mr.Leung played the Eason Chan concert disc. It is like sitting there in the concert.
  • Options
    I know what is transparency all abt after hearing them. Eason Chan concert super real X 100
  • Options
    I owned a pair of Neo. Great speakers for all kind of music. I called Mr.Wong (Marvel) one day for a short conversation. He did not recommend me to listen to the Horning. He said I will feel painful. I did not listen to him. Went there for 30 minutes last week. The Eason Chan recording and the female voice on LP are freaking real. I cannot breathe after the session. Mr.Wong, I should listen to you. If you give it up, please pass the deal to me.
  • Options
    Should I call it a masterpiece or a monster?. It has all the hifi elements that most audiphiles are looking for, like transparency, frequency extension, bass, 3D, etc.. However, the key attraction to me is each note is so naturally linked and the freq spectrum is "seamless". Frankly speaking, the FAL EX90 has been doing very well in this aspect but the bass extension and resolution is hardly close to EU.

I believe Piano tuner has made a lot of effort in mastering this monster given the constraints of the listening area. A bigger room, say 30-40 sqm will help unleashing the full potential, I strongly believe.

Bigpiece
  • Options
    William,

I believe we talked when you were on the way to the airport some months ago...

I think Eufrodite is on the utlimate class if Neo is considered as Ultra-end. Jeff from Taiwan is using Neo dumped his Alex and perhaps Jeff can chip in to share some of his experience.

The challenge (and therefore remains a worry) for me is whether I could reveal the true potential and color of Eufrodite given the limitations in my listening area (eg. size, tile floor, uneven floor plan). I have no plan to move house and change the floor so these would remain there as the limitng factors.

If I were you, put up some deposit and make sure you are on the queue first. That is what I have done and that gives me more flexibility and some insurance against price surge.

Marvel
  • Options
    Marvel, yes, we talked on the phone briefly awhile back. Your worries are over. I use three mono drive Neo, still no problem. You are using the german flagship amp, what are the worries?
  • Options
    Wiliam,

My worry is the limiation on my listening area, tile floor, etc...breathing space for Eufrodite is more demanding than Neo.

Marvel