Skip to content
Options

Marvel's CRAZIEST Rack!

2»

Comments

• Options
    Marvel bro got his own way.
  • Options
    I am sure every one got his own way. It's just that it is never my experience different design philosophy can come together easily.
  • Options
    Direct quote from Srajan's writing:

"Marvel's system was the most advanced in HiFi terms. Of the systems I heard in Hong Kong, Marvel's exhibited the highest level of resolution, with the concomitant nearly complete overlay of recording acoustic over the domestic acoustic. Plainly put, if you want to hear the space that's recorded, you cannot hear the space you're in."
  • Options
    Marvel bro, CCN will soon have the 2nd craze rack in HK. You guys should share more about such exotic rack experience. I will have the 3rd one.
  • Options
    Before I used the Craz rack, about half of my gears are on another Austria made rack and the remaining on Acoustics System rack by Franck. For many of the hi-end racks that I have studied in the course of finding one for my Raven 3-motor, I was stuck because of the limited flexibility in terms of the size that those racks could offer. I was also thinking to order a 'tailor made' wooden rack from mainland China which is about 1/50 of the price that I paid for the Craz rack because I really want to properly sized the rack to maximise the usage of the limited space in my area especially with the 2 blocks of German Tank lying around. But I gave up such idea because I am hesitant to get all these highly precision gears on a platform/rack which I have absolutely no idea on its capability of vibration control. Franck was an extremely reliable and trustworthy person who doesn't want to compromise on quality. I ordered a specially sized rack from him in order to house my 3-motor Raven but as some of you may have read in other threads, my order cannot be fulfilled because of the lack of a good piece of wood which Franck can produce a rack of the size that I asked for.

That said, SRA offers me much flexibility in determining the size of my rack with some only limitations due to the physics behind in making such rack. I believe, as long as the science can support, one can order a tower rack with 5-6 shelves (which I have seen over in the internete) or a 2X3 or even 3X3 rack. Mine has been measured taking into account the gears that I have so I can now comfortably put all the main components onto the rack.

Sonically, there was substantial improvement over the Austrian racks that I used to house my preamp and Raven turntable. Soundstage never get blurred or instabilised or clouded out due to more energy dissipated from the system (eg. orchestral climax).

Would there be further imiprovement if I put on SRA stands between the components and the rack? I believe it would...why? SRA stands are made for specific purpose and it is gear dependent. Craz rack should be the generic platform serving as the bedrock. Having either one should be a gift, having both should be crazy which by the name of it should be the end-game.

I have heard PT's entire DV system sitting on the SRA stand, I wonder if some of them (eg. preamp) are sitting on top of the Craz rack, what would happen, this won't be long for me to find out as PT is getting his soon.

CCN, met you once but I am delighted to learn that you are joining the Craz camp. You are on the 'wood' business and I can guarantee that you will be stunned by the wood craftmanship of the Craz but it is only a very very small part of the story and when the curtain is unrealed, you will be totally convinced that it is something 'out of the blue'.

Marvel

Marvel
  • Options
    Hi Marvel, thanks for sharing your experience of the 瘋狂Hi Fi架, i m now starting to wait for the SRA shipment, also with the EmmLab. I believed that the good vibration control on our Hi-Fi gear is important if we are looking for the high quality music reproduce. I agree the flexibility is important beside the technology of Vibration control, specially in small place in HK. ah! Typoon is here. see u!!!