Skip to content
Options

To Shanghai Big piece re Zanden phonostage

Bigpiece,

I got a chance compare 1200 phono with separate power supply and the one without. I like mine with the power supply. The sound is more relax and easy. It sound faster as well. Is this your experience too?

PS

Comments

• Options
    Hi Philip
    I dont have a chance to have A-B comparison. But I listened to both with different setup. My brief impression is that the one with external power supply appeared to be more "mature" and "stable" while the one with built in PS appears to be "yonger". I think this is more or less similar to the experience wiht Zanden DAC MK IV and Signature 5000. BTW, have you ever tried changing the stock tubes? I tried it before with my Zanden MK IV and the difference was night and day. I dont have time to try it on 1200. Perhaps Piano Tuner can share more.

Bigpiece
  • Options
    I strongly recommend change the stock tube to Philips 6922 SQ (special quality) tubes. They are much more quiet. I even changed the internal female RCA sockets to WBT next generation copper version. The noise floor will drop even lower than before.