Skip to content
Options

F.L.O.W.

I bought my Flow Reference (FR) through a very experienced audiophile friend without even knowing the existence of this website. The fascinating comments about Flow Cables triggered me to write this. First of all, with all due respect, I must say the initial comments by J Lam, is intimating to say the least. How are we supposed to write our comments without mentioning the most commonly used terms, e.g. highl mid and bottom frequency, by those professional critics all around the globe? And most importantly these are the terms commonly understood by most music and HIFI lover. Well, I have a go and will keep it short.

I’m using all valve gears with a rather funny combination of modern valve pre-amp. Herron 2 and Macintosh 275 power amp., which recently took over the duty of my troubled Audio Note mono-blocks. As with most Hi-end cables FR needs run-in, when it is fresh from the nicely crafted wooden box, it sounds a bit reserved with sound field relatively compressed compared to my reference Vahalla and Crystal reference Cable, however, there is one element that really stands out to prove FR is a top-graded cable. Its not the top, mid nor bottom frequency that stands out, to my ears it is the rare quality of music PRESENCE and existence of natural music energy in my small but dedicated music room that really strike me by surprise. In the conventional HIFI terms, I have to associate this attribute to the overall transparency ability of this cable, nevertheless, this transparency is different from that of Vahalla, it is smooth and coherence while Vahalla produces better dynamics. I would imagine if I’m using SS gears, I would have no hesitation to opt for FR instead of Vahalla. As compare to Crystal, FR exhibited much more energy and coherence but Crystal still edged out with its ability of projecting some of the best 3D soundstage that Hi-end cables can produce.

As the FR run-in by my Premium Power Plant continuously for a few days, the above-mentioned characteristics, or no characteristics, of FR became more apparent. If I’m asked to name the top elements of FR cable that sit in my mind after my rather short experience (10 hours listening), I would say FR’s ability in producing presence, life-life energy so evenly across the audio spectrum is something of the first time in my experience. In addition, its coherence ability in “perfectly” produces / combines top, mid and bottom frequency is of the best, With flow, it does not only give you first rate layering of music but it also gives you all those things in-between music layers, if you know what I mean.

LL

Comments

• Options
    LL,

Glad to see your feedback in this Forum and I am really delighted that FR does contribute to the overall performance of your system. The experience in using SMR should not be too bad for you as otherwise you won't even consider buying this FR. In a recent cable matching gathering, I find FR / FMR mating quite well with Esoteric gear in that it smoothen (adding more coherence, to be precise) the otherwise digitally harsh sounding produced by the DAC of the Eso without any degradation on the musical details and transparency. Are you using it on your Eso player? If not, please try and let us know.

Marvel