Skip to content

question about the power supply???

I tried many kinds of Conditioner, filter and transformer, not one can satisfy me, either change the tone of sound or compress the dynamic.
Now I'm used the pure power bar only,
Anyone can sharing some good experience on it?

Comments

• I think all of AE customers are using ORB HT-4G. It is the best powerbar recommended by PT long time ago.
  • I'm using the isoclean 204P now, If AE can borrow me one ORB for AB test will be great :)
    any brother used/using power bar is better then ORB??
  • No one has tried more power bars than PT and Marvel. They have written a review of 3 powerbars in 6moons 2 years ago. Here is the link: http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/chikuma/bars.html
  • Julian, Thank for your info.

• Yes, indeed, both PT and myself have tried many power distributors and conditioners but both of us tend to believe 'less is more' and this is particularly true for high end equipment where they have already got themselves an advanced and possibly outboard power supply circuit. Why need to add bells and whizzles? Having said that, my 'exposure' on this arena stopped to grow when I started to use ORB power bar about 18 months ago so I cannot make a definitively statement if there is a very good power bar or conditioner out there now in the market which excels at everything. With a SMR EE power cord running between the ORB wall socket and OrB power bar, I think the only product that I would consider replacing this config is the upcoming (if there is one) power bar by Argento which has a built in power cord in the class of FMR and possibly FMR cable all wired inside. I was told there is a project on this and again waiting patiently for further announcement by AE.

Marvel
  • wow! argento power bar!!
  • I've tried almost all possible power bars, power cleaners, current regenerators, BUT I've found that the best way was direct to the wall with dedicated power supplies direct from the mains... meaning no power bars.
    This involved replacing the circuit board (I insisted on a high end one) and pulling FOUR seperate dedicated wall outlets to the back of my system, each with its own fuse. This was split in two, so I have 8 outlets to choose from. I also removed the 'earth' for my Wavacs and I now have zero hum/hiss. Total silence. The sound difference was immediately noticeable for the better. Here in Singapore, the power supply is quite good, so this has worked out very well for me. I'm not sure about other countries. It took half a day for the electrician to complete this. I do own the ORB power bar and found that it has worked quite well.
    And to tell you the truth, the entire cost of doing this was probably the cost of one Flow PC. ... but that did NOT stop me from 'Flowing' all my components. One for each... ;)
  • How would you describe the experience when everything FLOWs up? Mr.Zanden, I believe also FLOWs up his entire system. My question, I guess is, which component receives the greatest benefit from the Flow?