Skip to content
Options

Acoustic System Resonators...

Something was wrong.
New speakers, amps, transport, dac, cables after hours of research and listening + we had just moved into a new apartment, and I wanted the system to be the centre piece of the living room.
The sound was mushy, imaging was not centred and I felt I wasn't getting what I had hope to expect. Of course my 'expert' hifi buddies had all kinds of explanation mainly around the acoustics of the living room. So being a stickler to design and the aesthetics of the living room, I absolutely refused to get IMHO ugly looking sound absorber boards.
In comes Linnman and his 'Acoustic System' resonators. He spent just an hour in my living room slowly adding one piece at a time. As he adds, the sound changes at times dramatically and at times subtle ... but always, always getting better, clearer, more focused, more 3 dimensional, more real.
Frankly I thought there was some skullduggery going on, but the results were unmistakable to my untrained ears. When the music was off, our voices in my living room actually changed, and sounded different. Louder, more commanding, deeper.... just better.
Voodoo?
Well, the interesting thing was that my wife noticed something different with the acoustics in the room. The TV sounded better, we had nicer 'souding' conversations, and I'm getting Linnman to come back to give my living room the full treatment... They resonators are also so small, you hardly notice them on the wall.
My advice... try them out... they actually work!! ..... I'm also wondering if my bedroom could be treated so I'll have good night's sleep ;)

System Setup
Orpheus One SE, Two, Zero
Goldmund Telos 400
Amati Anniversarios
PAD Dominus/RLS interconnects

You can check out photos here
http://www.flickr.com/photos/katongkid/sets/72157594218677655/

Comments

• Options
    Katongkid, he is good. He treated my room step by step over a timespan of 6 months. I can understand your feeling after the treatment. They look so simple but very effective. Have you tried any argento cables? They are very good.
  • Options
    I am also using extensively those reasonators and diffusors. It is very effective and surprisingly less detrimental to our home than the pillars, boards, pillows, etc. Like doors, one has to know which way to come in and which way to go out, if you don't know the technique of applying the right type and placing those reasonators and diffusors relative to the position of the system (and most importantly I guess, the speakers), they are useless. So I pay more for the service support than the actual stuff which I think to most, is immaterial in terms of $$.

Marvel
  • Options
    Hi big brother, I use diffusors. They are effective. What do the reonators do? Room acoutics very important, I know now.