Skip to content
Options

Takumi K15 by Robert Koda showcasing at AE

13»

Comments

• Options
    Longinus,

I agree completely with your comments with respect to these super cables. I would say TIM signature speaker cable is on par with Goebel Statement. That's why PT use both to bi-wire his system in an extravagant way. For interconnects, it seems Goebel hits most of the hot spots. The bigger the system, the more merits it shows. For a smaller system, people may not know the ability of Goebel in the deep bass area. Ease of control, coherence of musical flow, and the oceanic delivery of bass undercurrent is excellent. The transients may not be as fast as silver cable but this cable achieves a holistic balance that is simply rare. The balance between contour resolution and energy delivery are very well caculated. Because of the increase in energy delivery, speaker repositioning is a must to accommodate the dramatic change.
  • Options
    Uncle Ray,

I don't recall what is your preamp now. Is it trinity or Takumi K15? I am having tremendous fun with Trinity as the digital source with K15 serving as the soul of the system.

I have no chance to audition the Trinity preamp but the Takumi K15 at AE blew me up a few weeks ago.

By the way, I have two Tim signature power cables. I think they are truly exotic too. Transparency is a tag higher than Goebel statement. It is faster but the "oceanic" undercurrent of bass is still championed by Goebel statement. Most people don't have sub woofers and they may not be able to feel the real deal of Goebel statement. Most of them probably still mistaken lower mid bass as deep bass. And most designers don't have system that is linear enough to stretch down to the subsonic area. I reckon the major reason why Goebel hits the hot spot is because thier ultra linear speakers. That ipad-like driver is flat from 180hz to 30,000hz without any phase distortion. That allows Mr. Oliver to develop a truly "holistic" cable that most other designers simply don't have the tools to justify. They can only justify their taste and then it has become a trial and error on our side.

Everthing got a fucking reason behind. Don't you agree?
  • Options
    The next batch of Takumi K15 is ALL SOLD. Robert will start shipping before August 4th. Thanks for the patience.