Skip to content
Options

First Picture of Intonation Speaker by Da Vinci

One of the most highly anticipated high efficiency speakers under the AE umbrella in 2007 is definitely the Intonation by Da Vinci Audio. The design is open baffle. The cabinet is made of MOON wood with 8 layers of violin lacquered painted by a violin maker. The process of painting the lacquer takes more than 1 month as they cannot be painted without the 1st layer completely dried up. The intonation features the 100db Supravox driver with an active bass module. The bass module is also by Supravox which will be able to match the speed of the full range driver. How would it sound with a complete grandezza system? We will find out in April.

Comments

• Options
    The cabinet after 1st layer of lacquer applied.
  • Options
    The Intonation up close at this moment. 3 to 4 more weeks to go.
  • Options
    Intonation naked - Moon Wood
  • Options
    The complete grandezza system in action. Who in Hong Kong will have the privilege to own a complete da vinci flagship system from to top to bottom? It is not about money but taste, reluctance to accept compromises, zero influence under peer group, tolerating pains of long delivery time - all for the purpose of one and only one - get closer to real music.
  • Options
    The Intonation Up Close
  • Options
    J, these damn pics arouse me. When and where?
  • Options
    The Cessaro pictures are beautiful. I like the architecture of the speaker. The lines are clean but not entirely clinical due to the curvatrue of the panel and the marvelous horn made like an art piece.

After the Grandezza experience with the little Kharma speaker, my expectation for the Intonation speaker is sky-high. I am more certain why you guys raves so much abt the SRA platforms. The 4 Ohio underneath the Grandezza system must contribute a significant part of the magical soundstage. I miss the voices. My ongaku gives me different voices, it's beautiful but as real and lively as what I heard from the Grandezza.

I wonder the Kondo ongaku could drive the Intonation well. When will it arrive Hong Kong? Please drop me a note.
  • Options
    To be specific, the voices from the Ongaku is a bit surreal with rich color focuses in the mid-range. It is attractive, addictive and adhesive. When I played the Carmen opera recording at home, the dynamic of the mid-range is absent. The staging of the Ongaku is a lot of smaller in comparison in my own setup and I'm shame to say my listening area is at least 2 times larger than the little room that I had trouble in the first 3 mins of listening. The physical width is wider but I don't feel I am surrounded by the virtual soundspace. I am detached from it. This troubles me for a week already.