Skip to content
Options

The pinnacle of tone arm art/science -TELOS by Durand

2»

Comments

• Options
    Professor Durand is a genius. I do not know how the Telos can be so stable and track so well, but it does, (re) producing great dynamics and at the same time sublime subtlety (esp after his adjustments)

I suppose every master becomes a master not just because of talent but also sheer hardwork and dedication. When Professor Durand saw that my armbase has oxidized somewhat (with no impact on sound but does look less shiny) he took 20 minutes to polish the armbase with a piece of sand-paper ....
  • Options
    Cassph, I echo this entirely...attitude and enthusiasm determine the amount of effort and focus one spends on a matter, for leisure or at work....I chatted with Prof Durand and really admire his knowledge on music and the attitude towards the design and performance of the tonearm. He is also a very humble and comfortable person to be with! You certainly have missed our dinner with him...next time...he said he would come to HK more often...

Marvel
  • Options
    The analog performance at AE1 is "out of this sane world". We all know Mr.Zanden is no joker. Other than the Telos arm, what we should pay attention is the strategy behind PT's mindset to achieve the musicality orgasm.

As VR rightly pointed out, he uses two THOR ground wires in the system. There are a total of 3 Troys achieving perfect isolation between ground posts. Even the power supply of the NVS is grounded separately. He applied Daly Carbon feet to gain more speed and transient resolution to the balanced version of Zanden 1200 mk3 phono. And both NVS and Zanden are atop SRA rack. Underneath the LPX is a set of Dalby Ebony feet. The new Tidal speakers are closer to the backwall than previously to gain even more speed and hence dynamics.

And what's more is that he will add another TWO THOR wire to the super analog domain ARTEMIS. This must be definitive. If the THOR can improve tremendously in the active crossover position, imagine what will it do to the ARTEMIS?

Mr.Zanden, can you imagine? You were there to ear-witness the resurrection of beautiful tone of the DOLPHIN violin (Strad) played by Heifiez after the application of THOR to the crossover (primary job is to handle frequencies below 40hz!).

Tidal對AGORIA好堅!