Skip to content
Options

The Da Vinci Grand Reference Tone arm

Comments

• Options
    The long anticipated Grand Reference tonearm by Da Vinci finally arrived this morning! They are sitting next to the Wegner Y chair and the Star Trek chair by Ceccotti.
  • Options
    The presentation of the Grand.
  • Options
    I have to open this lock first.
  • Options
    The whole package! Note that the phono cable is a pair of non-detachable Grand Grandezza Reference terminated with the latest WBT nextgen plug (the previous NEXTGEN has grounding problem, this one is free from ground noises!) How good is the original grandezza cable? For synergistical reason, it betters the Enigma Signature. The ES is now with Signal Wave.
  • Options
    How would it perform with Marvel bro's Raven AC 3-motor in conjunction with the Dynavector XV1-S? We will know soon enough.

Jeff and Voy, Jlam shipped it directly to your home by Fedex.

Bigpiece, I will hand carry to Shangai at the end of March to you with the new armboard.

• Options
    Thanks PT, I am looking forward to seeing u by end Mar.
  • Options
    Marvel bro, we are eager to learn about your experience of the new arm over here! Pls report soon.
  • Options
    setup was done last night with technical support from AE.
  • Options
    pic 3. Almost there
  • Options
    Pic 4. Finally. The first LP sound in my system...just past midnight....
  • Options
    A better one just now...
  • Options
    What about the sound? We are keen to know.
  • Options
    Marvel Bro, I suspect your motor is not running 100% smooth. Suggest raising the pulley on the motor a little bit and ensure the belt is passing thru the middle of the pulley track.
  • Options
    Thanks Bigpiece, in fact we found this out last night and the engineer helped me to smoothen the moter by releasing the screw a bit...it is probably due to shipping safety. It is quiet and smooth now.

Sound wise, music is just floating in the air and even with this hasty setup, both myself and PT found the new tonearm a master piece in outperforming the original one. By what a margin, I cannot tell this moment since my setup is too green to tell. Dynavector matching with Syren phono like natural mates in so far all the music that I have played, orchestra, choir, piano, violin...there is no 'wow' factor and so does my current system, just natural and pure music. I start to get a more solid experience between CD and LP and I think this would be a very interesting musical journey...

More to report when I have got more high hands in helping me to fine tune the just out of the oven setup....

Marvel