Skip to content
Options

AE in the year of PIG

Dear AE Fellows,

The rapid growth of AE's customer base is way above my original expectation. We have no shops. We did not advertise. BUT we know the stuff! We have the right attitude in serving customers. We have the passion! Anyone who had once shopped with us would know how we are different from the norm.

We are also particuarly fond of our room acoustic expertise - which fundamentally changes the belief of many audiophiles in this field. The subsequent writing on Franck's Acoustics Resonator by Srajan of 6moon reflects the power of these magical resonators. I would like to thank Srajan again for his 6moon Hong Kong road tour conducted in November 06 that spelled immediate success and elevated our company profile around the globe.

We only represent manufacturers that aim to push the envelope to serve music. They are not massively produced manufacturer. They don't steal your heart and attention by weight of the chassis and cosmetics. They compete by passion and substance. We are not really interested in competing for market share. We rather aim for seeking higher actualization with our customers. We invest in you because the amount of time that goes into improving our customers system is tremendous assuming if you are willing to pick up new ideas. There are strong elements of "PRIVATE BANKING" in the AE audio business. That is what makes us different and I hope you are proud of being an AE fellows.

The instant success of the FLOW is a big encouragement to AE. We have grown Argento for 4 years. There are quite a group of fans but never would I imagine the popularity of the FLOW can reach the current state. In a world flooded with high end cables, the achievement is not by chances but pure substance and hardworks by Ulrik Madsen, the Chief Designer and Owner of Argento Audio. Of course, the immense success would not be achieved in such a short period of time without a strong frontline fortifies by Mr.Li of Venice Audio.

We have big plans in 2007. A few more Eufrodite Ultimate Signature and a smaller version Aristotles by Horning will be subsequently delivered - the product being voted by our customers as the best product introduced by AE in 2006. A complete suite of Da Vinci electronics alongside their Intonation speakers will be ready hopefully by April. Those who had already listened to the tonearm, cartridge, step up transformer and the dual mono piccola phonostage should know the the new definition of "musicality" rendered by the Da Vinci team. Thomas of TW Acustics is working hard to produce more Raven AC turntable. Tron from UK will also introduce a state of the art cost no object preamp this year although many consider the Syren is already sitting at the peak. Audiovalve will sooon release the masterpiece reference linestage to mate with the Baldur 300 power amplifiers. There will be new power amplifiers and new transports from Orpheus of Switzerland too. Last but not least, we will introduce the ultimate Horn speakers (the end game) in the middle of 2007. There are already 2 orders without actual field listening because they simply trust AE.

In short, there will always be surprises that leads us to another climax. Without your kind supports and valuable time sparing with AE, we would not be able to grow as fast as lightning. We are thrilled and we hope you will enjoy the ride with us in the year of PIG.

Kung Hei Fat Choi!

Jlam Music Nation

Comments

• Options
    I joined a Chinese New Yeare gathering organised by AE yesterday together with a number of audiophiles. We had a lot of interesting discussions surrounding of course the Flow power cords, some of the exotic products coming up in AE. Of course I chased a couple of times on the delivery of the DV tonearm and the SRA rack because my Raven turntable is ready for shipping in the next few days. I don't want to set up the turntable in my existing rack and later have to swap the racks. May be this effort is worth as I may not be able to resist the temptation of vinyl when the tonearm is finally delivered. The Dynavector cartridge is already in AE.

This is one of the very few gathering that AE has held, the last one being with Srajan. Though it may be too frequent if we have the sort of weekly yumcha, it is nonetheless something AE should organise more to foster more experience sharing. I have got 2 tubes from Peter Tsang on loan to try on my Zanden DAC power supply! Wow!!

We also went to a sweet soup/dessert shop afterwards and it is said to be a subsidiary of AE Group.

Marvel
  • Options
    Marvel bro,

What a gathering you had over there! Are you waiting for the wavac phono? My friend here just give it up and switch to Da Vinci. But another friend want to grab the wavac now. What about you?

Kung Hei Fat Choi!

Hung
  • Options
    Prof Hung,

I have decided to grasp the Wavac 'quota' released from your friend. Jeff suggested me to go for Wavac after numerous correspondence with him on which phono would suit me best in terms of musicality, diversity and flexibility in mating with other arms and cartridges...DV is ultimate but I believe Wavac is penultimate...

AE has not confirmed to me yet.
    Marvel
  • Options
    You are as fast as Marvel's super heroes!