Skip to content

Vertere : HBS power cable/HB series/Turntable/AC phase management centre

Comments

• Vertere Reference Cable Support

• Touraj of Vertere is a serious man.  We all know as his reputation in the field of analog is immense.  When he told me he has a cable support for me to try, I was surprised.  Because to me cable support "was" always a trivial item.  I probably tried using more than 15 brands or so over the past 2 decades.  They were merely for aesthetic tidiness or at most fine tuning tonal balance here and there.  I can live without them.

I know well what my system is capable of.  When I received them, Touraj told me to use on interconnects for a trial first.  That even puzzled me more!  I only know cable supports are meant for speaker cable.  Why would I use them on interconnects?  
  • edited December 2017
    Nevertheless, I tried the Vertere cable support underneath the Dalby JUNDO interconnect (flagship interconnect by Dalby).  And I wasn't expecting dramatic differences.  

Here it goes.  The differences are not dramatic to the degree of yelling out "WOW WOW WOW".  It wasn't this way.  It is more of complimenting TJ inside my heart - "TJ, you got me. And I got what you meant now".  

In the recording - Pine of Rome conducted by Karajan, the use of cable support underneath the cable support offers me a better perspective into the "mechanics of orchestration" particularly amongst bass instruments.  The "depth of field" of each instruments improves.  That makes the symphonic experiences more complete from the audience end.

Likewise, the impact on the Vienna Boys Choir, they reveal deeper relationship of the boy's lung and his subsequent voicing at the upper register.  That raises the "human flesh" perception.

When I took them away, "depth of field" is lessened.  Everything is still there in a resolute manner.  But my feelings was like listening to the rehearsal performance rather than the final showdown.

They are meant for clean up micro vibrations on the cable that carries the delicate signals from one end to another end.  If I apply SRA underneath all hardwares for the sake of achieving more silence, why shouldn't I do the same for cables?  But there was none in the past that satisfy me. 

I am pleased with this "unexpected" offering from Touraj. The next is to apply another sets underneath Argento FMR EE speaker cable.  The improvement is consistent.  Mind you once again they are not make to "WOW" your friends.  They are meant for you to clean up your system noise floor further for the sake of perfection.
  • The electrical phase management centre by Vertere is a new type of product.  We are puzzled about the improvement in the depth of soundstage when the electrical phase of the tube amplifier is reversed. Touraj had done a convincing demo in Jul. That was a prototype. Here is the final product.  This is not an AC filter. It does have any filtering function. 

• A very happy Vertere MG1 user.