Skip to content
Options

Thales Statement Arm

124»

Comments

• Options
    Michael, I am glad that you come to visit me and give a pass to my system.   Actually, I welcome anyone to come over to listen and give me invaluable comments and advices.   The statement arm is a lethal weapon.  It is interesting that I never noticed the "insufficiency" of my former arm Simplicity 2.    I was already very satisfied with S2 performance.    But the statement arm just improved the sound significantly after the installation.     Before the installation, I considered my digital and analog performance were equally good.   Now, my analog takes the lead.    As all my sources are routed via the Wadax, all the improvements in Analog are contributed by the Statement arm.     One more thing.    I have not yet asked Kakw to help tuning the arm by computer.  I expect further improvement after the tuning later on.
  • Options
    azzurri,
    Anytime! Should do it before Christmas, so we can have a good music time during holiday!
  • Options
    Thanks Kahw for spending 2 full afternoon to fine tune my statement tonearm.  With the assistance of computer software, he could optimise the performance of my vinyl setup.  Before, the statement arm is already performing with precision and authority.  Now, I can hear a more nature and lively music playback with utmost details and balance.  To me, the statement arm is a masterpiece and the fining tuning brings out the full potential of the system and this is supported by measurements.
  • Options
    another proud user of Statement Arm

• Options
    我剛剛也安裝了Statement arm,音象極之立體,而且高頻很有質,是頂級中的頂級唱臂。
  • Options
    Hello
    New statement owner here, having previously owned a Simplicity 11.
    One question has the statement been updated in anyway since its release? 
    I believe mine is an early model and been told that it needs the new updated bearing and cable?
    Hopefully someone on here might have some answers.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Statement arm is always the same from the beginning to now.  No official communications to my knowledge to my knowledge.  Dunc, where are you located? 
  • Options
    Uk
    Just done a deal on a gold statement and been getting a bit off hassle about it and wanted to try and find out a few things.
    It stared life in Hong Kong, but has been in the UK for sometime now, its sitting on my compact 11 plus base, with an exquisite ST cartridge right now, waiting for me
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    It's just that I have been told that my statement arm needs a bearing upgrade to bring it to the latest spec.
    It was an early one, but like you can find no information on any statement upgrades anywhere.

Also mine has the 5 pin din in its arm base, this I prefer as I can use my own arm cable, as I did find the unshielded one on my Simplicity 11 arm picked up hum and I couldn't get rid of it and ended up getting it cut and the rca block put on it, this cured it straight away 
  • Options
    Well from thales themselves 

An upgrade cable, upgrade bearing, upgrade in the gold coating are all things that have happened over its lifespan so far.
    What this means as far as performance goes I don't know, but there you go.

Anyway I am happy with the arm I have got and certainly in no rush to send it off for these so called upgrades
  • Options
    Would like to know more on how best to set this arm up with a computer.
    Any info will be very welcome