Skip to content
Options

Thales Statement Arm

Comments

• Options
    kahw,

Did burn in make night and day difference?  Please report your Meda ground experience too
  • Options
    it is not night and day difference. but it just opened up sound further. 
    Just tried the Meda Ground on My preamp. i double run my preamp with two original troy cable. Meda does beat two cables.
    the transparence up quite a lot. However, still less impact than the statement. Hahaha! 
  • Options
    Thanks Kahw for setting up Statement for Roman 

• Options
    Another Statement arm installed.  
  • Options
    Million thanks to Kahw to help me set up this arm using computer. The result is something I really unheard of before. The density is so high and all notes are presented with such a precision that not a bit of "blurry edge" in the music picture it renders. This arm can conquer the most complicated music. The first thing I do now when woke up is to listen to LPs!
    Man
  • Options
    My pleasure to let me mess around with your super system! 
    Amazing horn there! my dream speaker.
    i told him the LP will beat the CD by miles before install. and i proofed my words.
    Hahaha. good that you enjoyed it.
  • Options
    what is the difference between using and not using computer software to set statement arm azimtuh?
  • Options
    Mmmmmm.......
    i try my best to answer this.
    Using computer i can adjust crosstalk between right and left to perfect equal. Cause the micro adjustment in Statement can allow that happen. it is hard to achieve in S2 and other arms design. 
    i did a AB test before and after, the accuracy between note is so definite and refine. 
    Without computer is very good already actually. but computer, it make the accuracy up to absolute. 
    Maybe Chris or Romanovyn can elaborate more on this.
  • Options
    I didnt compare the sound with and without the computer fine tuning, but compare with my previous S2, the level of sound integration is sth I never experienced before. U can tell in 5 seconds that the silhouette and image of the music are so solid clear and yet smooth, the energy and dynamics are so definite. U will find all the unwanted grains in music gone.
    Man
  • Options
    The meticulous spirit of Kahw in his pursuit of the realism of music reproduction drove me to his system last night. It was a fruitful 90 minutes of music appreciation of both digital and analog.  He knows this way.  I am particularly impressed by his effort on improving room acoustics.  This is an area I could provide some suggestions to him to improve further and the results are more calmness.  His statement arm is well set up with absolue perfect azimuth. When old records like 軟硬天師 and 葉德嫺 were played, everything is so 實在。Elasticity of guitar 非常有彈性.

In English, we would say the presence is so define. There are no fussy edges. Transients are fast.  Omnipresence of details and omnipotence of energy define the spatial dimension in front of the listener.  The madake snakewood is good for jazz and vocal.  Should  an even higher definition cartridge is employed, I expect explosion of details and energy in the top end.

Well done. He is the ace man in setting up the Statement Arm with perfect set up of azimuth by Computer software.

• Options
    Master Chik setting up another Statement arm tonight.  Azzurri is the one who fell for it after listening for an hour during lunch time two days ago.

• Options
    congrats! Azzurri.
    How was the sound? Can share some here?
    Feel free to call me if you want fine tune azimuth with computer software.

• Options
    I went to Albert’s and Kahw’s places respectively in the last week to listen to the statement arm. Although in two completely different systems(one full goldmund system with AirForce TT/Madake; one cessaro wagnar with AE gears and a Thales TT/Madake), some similarities could be heard might be contributed by the statement arm. 

1, super stable imaging. The position of each instruments are scarily accurate and stable almost sounds like being nailed to the wall, which means the tracking error of the arm is extremely small. I’ve never experienced this kind of stability in any other analog front end 
    2, excellent dynamics and separation
    3, each note is decisive while very smooth

While the major difference between the two system might be contributed by the TT being the Thales sounds more fluid but a bit bass shy; the AF3 is punchier with more authoritative bass but doesn’t flow as good as the Thales.

Overall very impressed with the statement arm!
  • Options
    Thanks Albert and Kahw for having me!  both system sounds fantastic and I can see/hear the owner has put in tremendous effort to finetune the sound to his liking.