Mounting the Clouds

Comments

• Options
    雲的安裝很簡單, 只是要選擇放在什麼位置上.
    我就選擇放在近皇帝位的上面.(唔知係好或唔好)
    當裝後即時覺得好靜, 聲音很穩定, 很整齊.
    尤其係 D 弱音, 更清晰, 更細致.

• Options
    Charles, we did it tonight too. I like it.
  • Options
    Alecy, heard you mounted the clouds yesterday. Can you share? I can't read Chinese.
  • Options
    The overall presentation is less congested than before possibly because the cloud has ameliorated phase shift across the ceiling boundary. There is a sense of naturalness that calms one's mind. Nevertheless, I do note that there is a very slight dislocation in the soundscape from the ceiling where the Cloud does not cover. This makes me think an additional panel may be beneficial.

A similar product which I have used before, RPF diffusion panel, perhaps has a more "deafening" impact which can be an overkill if not deployed properly (e.g. headroom, coverage area, positioning). And I am sure the conceptual construct is very different. The Cloud, on the contrary, is very easy to install and a lot more gentler.

• Options
    Alecy,

Like you, I have got only one shot and at this moment, I am planning to install it closer to the speaker rather than to my listening position in order to address the first order reflection. What do you think? Counting down, 7 hours before the installation in my place.

Marvel
  • Options
    Thanks. You are probably right. The 2nd cloud closer to the listening position is of paramount importance.
  • Options
    Marvel,

In your case, I would suggest to set your first Cloud nearer the speaker esp given the geometry of your listening room. Just my gut feeling.

Aesthetically, make sure the drilling is done flawlessly to ensure the frame is hanging properly without any torsion.

Have fun!

• Options
    Thanks Alec,

Due to possible noise pollution when drilling the holes, I have decided to delay the installation till this Sat. Are you using the 'Deep Blue' diffusor pillar? It is a totally different 'device' compared to the painting and cloud. It really rectifies while the others are doing absortion. I have ordered one.

Marvel
  • Options
    I listened to the Blue Aquarium briefly and found that if one is to use it for the full benefit, you need to order at least two so they can be stacked on top of the other. Otherwise, there is a risk that the realism may be compromised on the Z-axis. This observation is based on the Aquarium being deployed between the speaker.

For my system, I will probably experiment with different room treatment products first before giving my purchase verdict - as usual!

• Options
    marvel bro, had you already seen daynight last evening by hanging the cloud up there?
  • Options
    Voy,
    Not yet, I changed plan to install it on Sat to avoid disturbing the neighbours at night.

Alecy, the blue aquarium is really effective but in your case if kid can jump into your music heaven, stacking up 2 would potentially be lethal. Don't ever think about it...I made the same advice to PT.

Marvel
  • Options
    Alecy, I was told PT wants to host a little Tidal amp party at your place using my stereo amp. Please go ahead. I have no reservation my stereo IMPACT will shake your confidence on your mono beast on all attributes you can imagine. It is all about speed, phase, and linearity at the end of the day. Your speaker don't like too too much raw power because the crossover inside is extremely simple with top components. Again, speed is the key. Your speaker has immense possibilities. It is no different from a mirror. Don't put too much cream on the mirror, they block you from listening to the true melodic lines.
  • Options
    Raymond,

Your comments have rattled my mind and I fear that my long held classical school of thoughts on audio (not that it amount to much) could be in shambles before long.

The Goliath is looking forward to meet David. Let's see who's got creamed.

• Options
    我估計"衝擊"這部功放係無聲無味的毒, 仲了毒都未必知, 但轉頭再聽番有奶調味的聲, 就應知其毒無比.
  • Options
    Alecy, please take some time to understand the Impact/PiaDia as a chain. The impact is not designed to impress you in the first minute by roaring power or tubey/creamy mid-range. The impact "REMOVES" the amp in the chain. You don't see the amp, don't feel the amp. If your source is not up to the standard, the impact will not compensate anything. We share the same digital source, the same brand of speaker, same amp (pity that you don't have the preos), and whole chain of SMR breed cable. I am pretty confident that the musical foundation should be there with another thick veil to be taken off. Focus on the melodic lines, rhythmic truthfulness and the natural rendition of all frequencies. Power is there when the music calls for its service. The cloudiness of lower mid-range will reduce to the minimum allowing you to peep through the basslines.

Listen with heart, and get back to all of us.