Skip to content
Options

PTsang, welcome to the Cessaro Club!

2»

Comments

• Options
    Raymond, no doubt about it, if you're using a Tidal piece, lucky you and Marvel too.
  • Options
    I totally agree with Raymond that Tidal is totally 'unforgiving' in terms of revealing the bottom characteristics of the incoming source (in particular). At the very beginning, the linestage appears a bit 'dull' but after breaking in, it is definitely top notch and I just cannot find any big impulse to swap comparing it with Tron Syren and AudioValve Conductor. Not because I think the latter two are not good enough, it is the Tidal being so 'immaculate' and 'neutral' that I find myself a bit hesitate to tilt the balance. Not intending to find an excuse not exercising my lazy bones, perhaps I shall wait until my 805Mk2 arrives before I start to move things around. Right now, both Conductor and Syren are sitting 'silently' on the 2 SRA platform left idled after my Baldur pair has gone.

Marvel
  • Options
    Peter's choice of wood veneer for his Alpha One: Olive
  • Options
    "Cyricote" is by far the most exotic wood veneer available for the Alpha One
  • Options
    Another pair of Alpha One!
  • Options
    This pair is placed well away from the back wall, its very unusual for horn type speakers, I think the Alpha 1 is smooth and coherent enough to call itself dynamic spks when talking about speaker positioning, and it could be more easier to locate the optimal spot to couple with the room. I can't tell the name of the power amp driving it, looks like its not high power type.