Skip to content
Options

Miyajima Madake 真竹 cartridge

Comments

• Options
    Jeff,
    I am using lyra connoisseur 4.2 se phono and Altas on simplicity 2. No setting in lyra phono. Hopefully Madake and lyra phono are matching well together.

Marvel,
    Will invite chik Cfu for sure this time before I sent my phono to Japan for upgrading.
  • Options
    Kahw

Carr's phono is great. The best for guitar and music in general with transient response.

I am from Taiwan.

Jeff
  • Options
    Hi Kahw and Jeff, I have also installed Madake on my turntable. It just sounded much better after 10 hours of burning in. However am still trying to determin the bset loading factor for this MC cartridge. I have tried with my 2 other buddies yesterday on 60, 80 and 100 ohm. The best sounding so far is 80ohm. Never the less, we all use a 10X SUT b4 our phono amp. Would like to know if you have any suggestions.
  • Options
    Victor,
    Didn't know you are a master in Hifi.
    Good good!!
    Guess there are a lot of Leica user here as well.
  • Options
    Optimal loading turns Madake from a good to great cartridge. When trying different loadings together with Victor, we referenced Miyajima's KSW SUT. I think it is a good reference to every Madake owner to find the optimal loading.

KSW is 27X SUT, loading reflected to Madake = 47000/(27*27) = 64.5 ohms.

That is why we tried 60, 80, 100 ohms.
  • Options
    Kahw, BTW, Victor is a very bad guy made me fell into the hell of Leica. Hehe!

More about loading, Victor uses carbon film resistor that sounds warmer, I use metal film resistor that sounds smoother. Different type/quality loading resistors sound differently, not only the value of loading resistor has effect on Madake.

Lyra phono doesn't use step up transformer, our experience is not a reference to you.
  • Options
    証明了我的耳朵並沒有做抗病期間弄垮了。
  • Options
    Miyajima Madake is also very sensitive to turntable mat as well. We ( me and Stanley Tang and Waters Wan ) found that graphite mat is NOT compatible to Madake MC cartridge. The sound stage seems to be compressed towards center. Separation, resolution and definition are also weakened. However, turntable mat made by 東京防音 works far much better than graphite mat. The sound stage opens up immediately after replaced the graphite mat by 東京防音 mat. Resolution, separation, definition as well as smoothness and musical aspect all came back. We are still trying to find out if there is any other better sounding turntable mat available in the market and will do some tests. Will update in this forum when mats are available.

I am using a pair of JBL 4365 monitor speaker and it is the first time that I have ever listened to violin sound so beautiful through this pair of speaker. You have to listen to it to believe. The JBL dilemma has been remedied by this brilliant Madake MC cartridge.
  • Options
    I tried hard but couldn't resist either...just had to take the Simplicity 2 and Madake Combo...
  • Options
    身為Trinity phono的用家,睇黎我也逃不出真竹。我現在用上一代大佬元遂,我也要去拜訪下植師傅了解一下真竹的毒性。
  • Options
    昨晚在直師傅處聽真竹播放許冠傑唱父母恩,令我感動萬分。他的歌聲十分真誠,咬字清析,左邊的口琴和諧溫馨,我要求聽了三次。可能我在鬼門關徘徊過,所以感覺特別強烈。
  • Options
    我也決定了買套黑膠系統。真竹,Simplicity 2,Thales TTT turntable, Trinity 瘋佬,照跟直哥
  • Options
    Fire4, please check with Master Chik, you should also consider Hartvig turntable together with the Hartvig reference platform....this is a turntable which would reveal the inner and deeper details of the bass landscape...I heard the same combo rocking Chik's place on last Sat and I am deeply impressed. While people would praise on the cartridge, phono and tonearm....frankly would all these shine out without a solid and agile platform like Hartvig...I just want to do some justice to this battery power supplied turntable which I will be setting up soon in my place....worth some parallel thoughts....

Marvel
  • Options
    Jeff,
    Yes, Carr's phono is beautiful made. Really like the wood case.
    i think the theory behind this phono is similar to Trinity. Ultra large gain but the noise is quite low. But i think trinity is much more advance since it is latest technology. I want to try Trinity phono, but all system is RCA system. Too bad......

I finally installed the cartridge yesterday night.
    Damn! it is really good.!!!
    Especially the vocal is so real. life- like.
    蔡琴 voice is so real.
    only it is only a few hours testing. need to run in for another couple hours. sound still improving.

Comparing to Altas, Altas obviously more hifi in instrument and detail. But Madake is very natural and musical, especially vocal. make Altas a little clinical somehow, but it is a good show off sound. hahaha!

but the price is so good to be true, agreed with Jeff!
  • Options
    Marvel大大,

我買了Hartvig塊防震板而且是發拉利紅色的! 直師傅話掂,PT自己也用它在Trinity media pc下就已經知得啦!