Skip to content
Options

Silver Batman landed?

Marvel bro, how abt feeding poor batman some of the exquisite features of the silver bat?

VR

Comments

• Options
    Voy, I am eagerly awaitng for Marvel bro report like you.

Kingston
  • Options
    Dont make us wait too long, Marvel bro.
  • Options
    Silver Batman just installed 2 hours ago.

A new page and a new era in my experience on pre-amplification. Absolute quiet, full dynamic bounce in its own rhythm and pace only controlled by the original perfomers but nothing else. Absolutely no sense of compression and the tonal picture is just frameless.

More to come but I am really carried away by the reckless ride by Batman.

Marvel
  • Options
    Marvel, finally the bat flew to your home. Now, you believe why the Syren Reference beats all tube preamp in taipei! How is the phono section? It must be marvelous!

The match power amp for Syren is the Cantata 300b, only have a few watts of power to drive horn speaker, so the syren preamp has a commanding role. The soul of karan in the poweramp. You may have a feeling of syren more dynamic than karan linestage now. This impressioon is correct but the design of two camp serve two different schools. I remember you said CD12 sound extreme dynamic in full karan combo. If you call that memory, and now with the syren, then you know the soul of karan is the poweramp.

The use of a linestage like syren that use high sensitive speaker as a reference in multi driver speaker like Neo, the expereince must be quite something. Your crazy baldur bass power will unleash too.

Please share more.

Jeff
  • Options
    Marvel,

I miss last evening. What a pity? Can you post a picture of the silver batman? How is the construction quality? I like that cool look horizontal volume.

Julian
  • Options
    That's all??? Yo gotta tell us more!

VR
  • Options
    Are you killed by the batman? Come on. Tell us more.
  • Options
    A photo of the Silver batman. I guess its outlook is the same as the others. It is what is inside that tell the difference.

A photo:
  • Options
    Can you describe your 1st night encounter?
  • Options
    Jeff,

My initial findings coincide with yours and the Batman is ultra fast, quiet, full of dynamics. Harmonics decay on piano music is never more complete and integrated even compared to Karan. Karan, in my recollection re-constructs the bass more complete than Batman while Batman is a bit forward and punchy. I believe some more hours of burning in would unfold the bass layerings and weight.

I am sorry that my iniital report is still a bit fragmented as I am carried away by the music when writing and listening at the same time. I really enjoyed the first hours with Syren. I am out of town in the next few days and promise to give a more in-depth report later. In the meantime, Marvel has to go back to Carnegie Hall and join the Historic Return Concert with Horowitz in 1965...

Last remark before i sign off, each keystroke in the piano is like a water drop in a lake, all ripples clearly and vividly presented , speed and dynamics controlled only by Horowitz...

• Options
    Your description sound like there is a magnifying glass on micro energy transfer. Do you feel the presence of the Carnegie hall or can you separate the hamonic rippling from the hall ambience? I am trying to understand the perspective of the syren.

When I heard the poor bat in London, it sounded impressive already. Remember to play some Anna Netrobko before Voy pay you a visit. The poor syren is truly uncolored in the upper high, an area almost all japanese tube electronics try hard to color this section in different ways.
  • Options
    Chopstick, you got a point. My poor batman got no problem of magnifying glass. What dear marvel bro described is the shallow soundstage of the swiss candy. Lack of depth distort image size and compress details of the vertical axis.

His rich man will do the real show when his zanden superclock is back in action.
  • Options
    Marvel bro, will you be around this Fri?

VR
  • Options
    Still out of town, returning this Sat.