Skip to content
Options

Karan

大家好

Comments

• Options
    I cannot read Chinese character. Is this something about Karan? Can someone translate? Marvel, what is the sound difference between the xlr and rca? It is a joy to have syren and karan side by side. They excel in different music.

Kingston
  • Options
    Dear Bob,

The above Chinese characters just say \' Hi, everybody\', I guess it is a trial testing on the capturing of the Chinese characters in this web forum.

My Syren has not yet arrived, I think early next week. Your question on the difference between the XLR and RCA is rather broad as I believe many of us have years of experience in toggling between the use of XLR and RCA interconnects or AES/EBU and RCA digital. Of the gears that I have used, there aren\'t too many which are of true balance design and even if they claim they are, they are not in some sense or in fact, not at all.

Can you be a bit specific on your question so that we can share a bit more?

With limited space, swapping between 2 preamps with most of the cables coming in and going out, is not entirely enjoyable. Dumb heads like me would likely damage one or two cables and if you are one of the users of the SMR EE cables, you will understand the \'physical fitness\' demand to fiddle with these tiny and delicated strings of cables....Having said that, my whole expectation for 2006 is on this Syren preamp and the closer the date, the more excited I am. Jeff from Taiwan told me there is a stage where current design cannot totally outperform one another, he said Karan and Syren is one of the typical example forcing him to keep and swap them from time to time.

Wow...somebody out there find a way to \'combine\' these two into one?

Marvel
  • Options
    Marvel,

Thanks for your reply. I have a general impression of more dynamic and bigger soundstage from xlr connection. Rca connection more smooth sound. Is this your experience with Karan? I listened to it for a few times. There were rca cables but dynamics are unbelievable!

The syren has more inner details, more snap, more transients and excellent articulation of musical phrases. Your fully load syren will be really something else.

I envy you, marvel bro.

Kingston