茫茫路 Round 3 completed this afternoon. 

• Options

寫劇的人動了腦,唱歌的人用了心,聽歌的人動了情,感觸的我流了淚。

我衷心多謝PT的創意、熱心、與感性。這一小時內的細訴分享十分自然,可是心內迴響卻是震憾。這是一件很好的事,做得好好。多謝。

• Options
    edited October 2021

The Purpose of Charity is to Radiate

去年錯過了,今年再度得到Chris的邀請,二話不說 : 好! 

連基本的音響認知也未懂,我就去了御品音響的「神曲工作室」聆賞首個原創音響劇。我心想會不會剝削了其他知音人的機會呢?  原來擔心是多餘,因為劇一開始已經太攝神了。「茫茫路」是一個由他用了二佰多小時去創作(包括選曲,編寫劇本,演繹等)的真人故事。整個製作扣人心弦,而且選樂細緻。例如,他竟然找到同一曲目,但兩個版本分別用了古代樂器及現代樂器來演奏,分插在故事不同環節出現,先哀怨後歡愉,前呼後應。

劇中講及一個充滿期待,原本可以過開心日子的中年男生故事,可是上天要給他考驗,令他在冇預示及很短時間之內,嚐盡了開心,悲哀,絕望,已致感恩,看透了人生,然後再啓航。這個故事由Chris 深情的讀白,穿梭著劇中隨主角心情變遷而播的曲目,使我一合上眼,便「看得到」一幕幕的情節,我手也毛管戙了,淚水也擠出了眼框,尤其從開心甜蜜至絕望憤怒的強大對比,一下一下的從心震出來 ....

籍著這個音響劇,希望能誘發出一個信息給大家 : 每個人在他/她的生活中總有一些缺口,甚至很多不公義之事。滄海一粟,不幸不公義事可其之多,何不將怨恨化作能量,用行動去幫助更需要的朋友,不是更好?  

雖然付出不等同有回報,但從幫助別人的過程中,所感受的和領悟得來的,會比你期望的獲得更多,甚至改變人生。施比受更有福,身體力行是最直接幫助他人的方法。

我正正被此劇的正能量深深感動了。

• Options
    edited October 2021

對「神曲工作室」的頂級音響神往已久,想象中這樣的神器最為適合演奏交響樂曲。未到之前,所思所想都在於 “聲” 的層面。然而,當真正來到這裡,欣賞Chris自編自演繹的音響劇「茫茫路」,焦點卻完全集中在音樂所帶來的生命感受。

劇中男主角在平淡幸福的生活中遭遇到了不幸,由平靜到暴躁、憤怒、絕望,而後又因生活的啟示、高人的提點,最終重獲了力量和信念。如此複雜的情感變化。在精妙的編排下,顯得跌宕起伏,而又合情合理。我十分佩服他為了啟發和引導生活中的善和愛,所付出的精力和時間。

劇名「茫茫路」雖隱約露出主旨,然而它並非只是表達東坡居士所敘的 “十年生死兩茫茫,不思量,自難忘。千里孤墳,無處話淒涼” 的悲怆。其立意更上一層,表現了主人翁頓悟後的重生,重新成為外在、內在兩個世界的主宰,獲得了生活的自由。不僅如此,還最終將這種力量回饋於外在世界的合一。

誠如Chris所說,只有當音樂能量穿透身體的時候,我們的大腦才能產生音樂感(尤其是低音)。一場高能量的音樂盛宴,帶來的是善與愛的外溢。

• Options
    edited January 2022

我人生第一次感受到Standing Ovation所帶來的感動和震憾。衷心感謝好友楊偉誠博士和張德蘭女仕,以及AIA專業團隊對社會的關懷。

• Options
    edited October 2021

It is my honour to be invited attending the 茫茫路 (音響劇) to support Food Angel. I grew up in Shum Shui Po, witnessing first hand the hardships of homeless people and the mental sufferings of underprivileged children in the district many moons ago. Sadly, the situation has been deteriorating rapidly.  Number of households under poverty rocketed with growing number of young people fall under the poverty line. I gathered a group of my very good friends to support the clause.

Although the whole play lasted about an hour, it was such a roller coaster ride on emotions.   When I closed my eyes, my heartbeat echoed the breathing of the lonely soul. I could feel his depression.  Likewise, I could equally feel his joy after enlightenment.  Everyone of us was touched. I could see mist forming in the eyes of my friends.  

Chris, who is under the influence of Aaron Kwok, aims achieving a picturesque experience 音畫 transpiring musical energy to the listeners via high end audio. He has surpassed such criteria with flying colour because we actually felt like watching a movie, or even attending live concert in many moments. 

Chris has done a meticulous job of music selection accommodating the emotional development of the plot.  Every piece of music narrates the sorrow of the protagonist deeply.

This is the first ever musical play executed by Hi End Audio. The idea is original.  The clause is noble. The execution is excellent. The emotional impact is tremendous.  What I have learnt is that charity is not solely about monetary donations.  Raising the alertness of the society to social problem is as important as donations, if not more. Everyone of us left Divin Lab with a grateful heart. 

• Options
    edited October 2021

It is my pleasure to be invited joining this meaningful charity event.  Unlike many others, this one is truly memorable.  

I did not know the program was actually a play and mistaken it was an audiophile gathering with a charitable clause, which I was excited enough to participate given the fame of Divin Lab.  The result far exceeded expectations on many levels.

The first act was the most astonishing as it set the stage up with an intensive atmosphere, and quickly put our shoes from the perspective of Mr. Rocket.  We were deeply immersed to follow his heartbeat and every footstep thereafter.  One of the songs in at the first act, 'Coal Train' teleported us directly to where Rocket was.  The cheering sound of this live recording transpired a bar-like setting of Rocket’s whereabouts. The outpouring of live emotions and musical energy amplified by the exquisite audio system at Divin Lab made me feel as though a live band was in front of us (virtual reality).  My heart could easily resonate with the pain and hardships of the protagonist.

I am thankful of Chris reminding us how every tiny spark may shed the light on those in need. 

• Options
    edited November 2021
    今天很多謝KK的邀請及老闆Chris的安排,参加了“茫茫路”的慈善音樂聚會,為“惜食堂”出一分綿力,在做善事之餘,又可以體會一下頂級音響的滋味。以下我想用幾个不同的層次去形容一下今天的音樂體驗。

首先最直接由技術层面說起,我真的很佩服Chris在音樂上的追求,這套音響當然價值不菲,但我可以拍心口講,不是你有千萬,就可以做到今天的聲音。我好肯定他用了很多心機和時間去調校它,因為要控制這樣大型而又複雜的系統,變數真是多不勝數。他還要追求高能量大音壓的輸出,真的不是一招半式可處理到。他不但處理得頭頭是道,還可以達到 “音畫” 的境界。

何謂 “音畫” 的境界?就是傳真,把實時的錄音,表現者的所有,一舉手一投足,甚至呼吸等微少能量也一一能感受到,猶如現場,所以有種看得到畫面的自然感覺,這就是我理解的境界,而我今天真的體會到了。我自己好幸運聽過很多好好的系統,由最初追求分析力,然後到追求音樂感和音質,箇中又再分為 “Hifi" 聲或高貴華麗的聲音。但神曲工作室,真的超越了以上境界。神曲的境界 — 就是真,真,真!我要講三次!整個音響劇的畫面尤如看得到的實體經驗。

今天除了欣賞到那出色的音樂和可以做善事之外,還有更深層次的意義,因為故事背後亦帶出了落後国家貧窮及童工問題。他希望這些訊息才廣傳開去,令大眾更加関心社會問題。

這故事也帶給我們正念,如果我們遇到困難或想不通的時候,可能一個轉念,就到另一片天,另一个環境,人生就可以重新出發。

十分感謝!

David
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    與 Chris 亦師亦友,他指導我的音響知識,到底是教我還是毒我,到現在我都分不清,他是我見過最「最貼地」的「敗家仔」,(希望他不要生氣我這樣形容他,因為我未想到更貼切的形容詞)。「何不食肉糜」不會發生在他身上,而他更超乎宇宙地每天擁有四十八小時,他的生產力是比正常人多,因此他辦慈善活動,我一點也不感詫異。
    盼望、失望、希望、失去、絕望,是「茫茫路」主角Rocket 的上半生。過了半生人,總會經歷過多少高高低低,有人重新振作,有人一蹶不振, Rocket 的故事,掀起了我一些回憶,也有問過活著的原因,也有曾經懷疑人生。「人總要勇敢生存,我還是重新許願」,Rocket 最終找到活著的意義,是感恩的,然而代價真的大了一點!
    用理性的邏輯技術去設計音響系統,用感性去投入音樂,是玩音響的正確態度,一首歌一個故事,現今的音響要求,已經不可能再是高音甜、中音準、低音勁的膚淺標準,基本要求已是看得見、捉得到、還有feel 得到,能夠播出觸動人心的音樂,才是無價!
    想不出怎樣結尾,就用「007生死有時」結局的一句吧 : “The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. We shall not waste our days trying to prolong them. We shall use our time.”
    PS :  上次讓咗個位俾老婆,今次終於都坐返次皇帝位!

幾年前聽 Mission 係電影配樂,今日聽 Mission 係現場演奏!
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    本來以為是一般的音響試音,所以來看看一生也不能擁有的高級音響,結果我經歷了一次身心靈洗滌之旅。Chris熱誠的招待,用心的分享,細心編排的感人故事,透過超級音響系統去配合讀白,令整個音響劇感動人心,是一個揮之不去的愉快經歷。

• Options
    edited October 2021
    「茫茫路」賞後感-------魏美珍
    很高興獲邀來到「神曲工作室」感受音樂帶來的魔力。跟過往體驗不同的是, Chris首次以真人真事改編的劇本為基礎,配上樂曲,再透過他的旁白和超級音響系統傳遞出故事的情感,由於添加了故事元素,欣賞過程自然多了想像空間,感受變得複雜,印象亦更深刻。
    「茫茫路」由七首樂曲串連起來,每首都能精準地呈現故事應有的情感如無奈、憤怒、絕望,釋懷等。講述南非鑛工生活的The Coal Train雖然不是我喜歡的曲風,但不得不佩服這首歌的感染力。澎湃的敲擊金屬聲帶來令人窒息繃緊的氛圍。 黑人歌手獨特的沙啞嗓音和小號發出的聲音, 時而像吶喊,時而像悲鳴。短短幾分鐘的歌曲觸動了我的情感,腦海中浮現出電影《血鑽》的影像,憶起原本天真弱小的小孩在叛軍的武力脅迫和藥物控制下, 成了殺人不眨眼的童兵的電影情節。The Coal Train及電影《血鑽》同是發人深省的作品,既令人震撼又揪心!
    「茫茫路」以陳百強名曲「一生何求」作結。這是我第三次在「神曲」聽到同一首歌,每次都覺得陳百強彷彿穿越了時空站在我面前,情緒被優美的旋律和清澈的歌聲牽引著。我曾經無法理解外表近乎完美; 才華洋溢的陳白強為何總是鬱鬱寡歡,悶悶不樂。
    周星馳電影有一句經典對白:「做人如果沒有夢想,跟鹹魚有什麼區別!」。年歲漸增,也就發現做人不但要有夢想,而且夢想越大越好,因為偉大的夢想無法實現,那是理所當然,易於讓人釋懷的事。 反之得不到的東西越是渺小卑微,越叫人難以放下。大部分人與生俱來或唾手可得的東西,而你耗盡一生,觸不到已跑開,那是痛; 明知自己應該放棄,卻又不甘心妥協 ,那是苦!「一生何求」這首歌,陳百強唱出了對人生的無奈與唏噓? 還是在唱人生不得已的掙扎? 我聽到的是後者! 
    感謝Chris誠意創作了「茫茫路」這套慈善音樂劇,給我一個深刻的體會之餘,還令我有機會深入了解慈善的真義。行善積福不在於金錢多寡。喚起世人的惻隱之心,將正向能量發放出去才是行善的最高境界。
    最後,熱切期待有一天能在大型演奏廳裡欣賞Chris的新作,感受更大的音樂力量!

左:胡孟青。 右:魏美珍
  • Options
    edited October 2021

「茫茫路」賞後感… Raymond So

這是我第二次參加Chris 主持的演示會。第一次在8月的會展HiFi Show ,但因每節的時間短,所以未能盡興。終於等到今天參加在「神曲工作室」演出的「茫茫路」音響劇場。

這劇合共三幕,由七首歌曲與及Chris的真情敍述他的同學在人生路上的起起伏伏,在迷茫中如何救贖自己的感人故事。

第一幕二段的Coal Train (Stimela) ,我在大大小小的HiFi房用CD、CAS及黑膠都聽過,但這次的黑膠演示是最震撼的一次了。Chris的解說令我們置身在礦洞之內的震撼,對火車的恐懼和他同學當晚的激動決定!在神曲工作室內喇叭離箱構成畫面外,能量感更表現令人感動,也令我等發燒友羨慕😖。

終幕第一段,我被梅艷芳的「孤身走我路」深深感動。這段原先是選了陳百強的「一生何求」,但Chris有感「孤身走我路」比較切合主角的情况,所以他改了。劇後他也公諸同好令我們感受到「一生何求」45轉白版黑膠是何等好聲!

在「茫茫路」劇場後, 他再演示任白的「帝女花」玻璃CD ,比上次在會展演示的梁醒波曲目更真實,真係達至驚嚇的程度!仙姊的公主高音和任劍輝的個性唱腔插出栩栩如生就如現場錄音時一樣。經他講解後,才知道此經典是在教堂內收錄。今天在神曲工作室內,我確實能體會當時的情景。

我非常期待 Chris 在大型演奏廳的音響劇場表演。再次感謝你的邀請,令我感受一次深刻的音響旅程。

• Options
    edited October 2021
    好感人的一個真人故事,最後主角可重新開始,是最好結局。相信Chris花了不少時間去挑選歌曲,以及編寫內容,另我們更易投入主角的經歷。雖然我們只聽音樂和讀白,但整個故事的「畫面」真的呈現在我面前。第一次去Divin Laboratory帶給我無限驚喜,一套神級器材竟可以演繹一個「有感情,有畫面,有能量」的血肉故事,使我十分難忘。感謝Chris的邀請。
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    After this memorable charitable event I was chatting with PT and we happened to talk about how music can connect with the oldest parts of the brain to elicit strong emotional responses. I'm sure we have all experienced the feeling of a familiar piece of music taking us "back in time" and eliciting a strong memory of an event we most associate with it. We now also understand that people with neurodegenerative diseases respond positively to music (especially music from their childhoods) and it can be used very productively as a therapeutical tool. Another example is the use of music to prime soldiers for battle (or think of songs supporters use for their home sports teams as more modern use of this).

Circling back to this event we know that charitable giving is very much connected to the feelings of empathy that can be elicited in the audience with regards to the cause being supported (as opposed to be driven purely by more rational decision making processes). 

Given above I feel that using music to build this deep emotional connection to the charitable cause is a very good and intelligent way to tell the story and this was done in a masterful way (thanks again to PT for also even preparing an English translation). Music is in itself a from of storytelling of course and the way the music and the story were interwoven here really elicited a strong emotional response inside of me (especially the piece: Coal Train and the context within which it was presented).

It was my first visit to the Divin Lab and I feel this is the prefect venue because to me it is the most directly emotionally engaging out of the three AE showrooms. What stuck out to me is that despite it being the largest in many dimensions (physical scale, scope, capital investment) it also seems to be the most intimate/closest from a listening perspective. In fact I may have mentioned to PT that it feels like a big headphone rig (actually that's my preferred perspective) with stereo imaging. What makes the magic trick complete is that despite the size the speakers disappear completely in what appears to be an equilateral triangle.  

The extremely high fidelity of the setup as well just helps to connect with the emotional connection to the story. In a way this was really a musical but without physical actors/musicians (but with a narrator). The beauty of using a stereo setup is in my opinion the incredible versatility in musical pieces you can achieve given you have no limitations regarding for example the number of performers.

On a side note I personally feel a lot of the "high fidelity" aspects I've been striving for as mentioned in an earlier post for me are really just tools to connect me closer to the music. Listening to my setup now to very familiar pieces I can at times definitely decode higher orders of messaging, e.g. further messages implied in lyrics or the sadness/happiness in a singers voice. There is just more of the artistic intent coming through and I felt this very strongly at this touching event as well. The story when you think about it is at its core an uplifting one for the main character: One of personal growth and finding meaning. But the music at least to me set a more melancholic background which was very fitting given the tragic back story of Rocket and the things he experiences on his journey - a journey the music so deftly helps us take as well.

Many thanks to PT/AE for organizing this special event and bringing me along on this journey - I truly believe this musical format is just the beginning of what is possible.

• Options
    edited November 2021

「茫茫路」:有血有肉有靈魂

再頂級嘅音響設備都只係冷冰冰嘅機器,要有血有肉有靈魂,觸動人心,就要靠音樂及音樂後面的情與愛去升華。Chris係經濟專家就係人都知,但理性之外的感性一面竟然可以創作到「茫茫路」如此穿透人心作品就真係估唔到。話穿透人心絕冇誇張,「茫茫路」由七首流行曲及古典音樂組成,七首皆耳熟能詳,任何一首都可以隨時哼幾句,聽左幾十年只當順口溜,但經過他嘅心思安排,用佢嘅敘述同七首作品帶領聽眾進入主角嘅前半生經歷 — 悲、喜、怒、悟。

序幕第一首係《忘盡心中情》,講真聽左幾十年都無乜大感覺,但經Chris的開場獨白再加上神級音響還原,先聽到葉振棠演繹到箇中「哀莫大於心死」嘅意境,每粒尾音都錐心,腦內同時泛起電影一樣嘅畫面。Johann Pachelbel嘅《D大調Canon》又係另外一個境界,帶聽眾追憶主角嘅甜蜜時光,主旋律雖然重覆,但小提琴不斷變奏在神器前表現淋漓盡致。

音樂有好多表達方式,有人鍾意舞台、燈光、配合華麗服裝再加靚仔靚女,「茫茫路」短短一小時,只有獨白、音樂,再配合神級音響還原,已直達靈魂,令人反思人生無常,須知福惜福,亦不要執迷、執著 — 包括行善,太執迷、執著只會顛覆本義,適得其反。

是日彩蛋:「茫茫路」之後用神器重播《帝女花》,堅尼地道佑寧堂錄音現場雖往矣,留不住硬件,但後面的人與事至長留人心。