Skip to content

AE Central Diary

Comments

• edited November 2020

最近AE引進了一個法國牌子 Audionec EVO2-AS喇叭。它的設計是非傳統的四路設計,在AE Central的型號是有源超低音加超高音。 其最為特色高中音是他們專利設計的dipole radiator 40 度前後發聲設計。

這對音箱初試啼聲的時候,給我一個很特別的感覺,尤其是深度及闊度,是我之前未有聽過的,主要原因它是前後40度擴散發聲的原理。我採用日本Zanden Model 6000合併機推EVO2,除了音場的深度闊度十分好之外,其中間位置的立體感,也是非常超著。播放現場錄音唱片給我的臨場感及空間感,有如身在現場一樣。當播放爵士音樂的時候,低音非常清晰及快速,好容易令我投入而隨著拍子䟴腳。播放管弦樂的時候,整隊樂團有如你在前面一樣。在播放我最喜愛的敲擊樂的時候,用大音量播放,也沒有壓迫感, 證明它的相位連貫非常好, 因大部分傳統音箱在大音量的時候會有壓迫及刺耳的感覺。總括這對喇叭是魔幻之音,本人十分喜愛。

• I really in love with this lovely Audionec EVO2-AS speaker.
    i concured everything what ChikSifu said here. Dipole radiator gives amazing sound stage and the openess is borderless. even with the active bass for the super low bass, i don't hear any phase issue there. the intergation from super tweeter to the active bass is very sophisticated. Images is cystral clear and firm. 
    I have been using goldmund speaker since i started my hifi fever. In term of size and look, i love Logo 1+2, small and clean,  the most. However, the sound is....... suck.........Now i settled with Epi 1+2 (Isobaric bass version) for quite a long time.
    This speaker was very tempting, with look and performance at the same time. Moveoever, the size is best suit for most Hong Kong home environment. Not to mention that the price is very affordable relatively. 
    Only two speaker so far in the market that i put in my wishlist,  best design and sound excellence.
    One is Goebel Aeon, which is designed by Audi chief designer, and another one is this Audionec EVO2-AS, simple and clean design yet with amazing sound. 

• edited November 2020
    Marvel has been painstakingly prepared for his first public show in partnership with Audiotechnique today at AE Central.  Countless hours were spared in room acoustics, cable matching, gain matching amongst electronics, speaker positioning and even down to the selection of music to exemplify the strength of the German suite - Synaestec (Pre, Power and Phono).  Macro dynamic is phenomenal, imaging is palpable, and transparency is superb. 

I also participated briefly in contributing to the final positioning of the Goebel Marquis, and the rest is all Marvel’s effort, alongside the kind assistance of Master Chik, Dynamic and Mr Zanden, from time to time. 

I sincerely hope the flamboyance of the system today would brighten up the spirit of all. 

Chris Leung 
  • edited November 2020
    昨天有缘到AE中環的試音室,經Marvel適心調教的銘器和線材的配合,及揚聲器的擺位,聽了幾張古典和廣東pop的LP和CD, 無論音樂性和合音響性都令在下眼界,應是耳界,大開,尤其是背景極,極,極其静,相信是AE一貫注重接地和避震的成果,更重耍是marvel兄對音響和音樂的認真態度和熱誠,每一個细節都以十二分精神處理,對每首播放音樂的詳盡解說,令我過了一個充实又大飽耳福的下午。
  • edited December 2020
    The installation of the Airblade atop the Goebel Marquis is pretty painless.  The solid core with the back panel made by Swiss precision reassures the uncompromising  housing of such ultra light weight transducer.

It is undoubtedly a technology breakthrough in the making of a transducer with a much wider dispersion angle than a traditional tweeter.  The surface area of the Airblade is 37 times more than a 1 inch tweeter. 

It is indisputable that AB can provide a wider and more spontaneous treble ambience which does not come forth readily from a traditional directive tweeter.  Without the AB, the conventional audiophile approach is to use speaker positioning, room acoustics etc in an attempt to reclaim some of these missing ambience, particularly off-axis, non directive surrounding. 

With AB, the entire tonal picture becomes more contiguous. Dimensionality of instruments/vocalist are vividly portrayed. The physical architecture of the recording could be visualised beyond height and width.  In the past, due to limited dispersion, the depth and height of, say the Stockholm church or the bullring in Bilbao, can only be virtually perceived in the middle plane between the speakers.  Today I could feel the projected size of the venue far protruded to the top corners of the front wall beyond the speakers.

Marquis has an overall efficiency of 92db while Airblade is 94db.  Thus I reduced the sensitivity of the Airblade by 3db for the initial setup today.  Tonal balance for the several CDs I have listened today remain unchanged but there is a big improvement in spatial resolution alongside ambience in higher registers. 

On my way back home, the iconic song by Louis Armstrong suddenly popped up in my mind:

I see skies of blue and clouds of white
    The colors of the rainbow so pretty in the sky
    And I think to myself what a wonderful world..... 
  • I suggest you to level the air blade with the Marquis using a tripod on both sides to maximise the dispersion and align with the AMT in phase. That should generate even more.
  • Thanks Voy, 

I think PT is trying the same as what you have suggested in Divin Lab. 

My question is whether the alignment should be vertical to take into account of the other drivers or should be horizontally aligned with the AMT.   No clue on the physics behind. 

• I guess you need to try which placement is better. 
  • edited December 2020
    這兩天繼續在中環studio鑽研究將氣刄融入現時系統上。PT已經做了guinea pig率先把氣刄成功地整合上Cessaro Wagner/XiangYu。Divin Marquis比其他市場上的喇叭擁有更大擴散面積的AMT高音單元, 高音能量和中低頻的平衡度要重新評估。 從PT的經驗分享, 我首先將氣刄上的靈敏度調至與Marquis相若,再把氣刄的發聲平面移至和Marquis AMT。 在反覆試聽熟識的CD 和黑膠音樂, 包括女高音,小提琴獨奏, 鋼琴獨奏,大小型交響樂曲。 雖然還要用上更多不同類型音樂去驗證, 我初步已掌握如何在線材上作出些微調動,以達至更佳的整合性能和發揮不同器材DNA所產生的協同效應。

氣刄絕對能夠營做出一個更完整和多角度的高音資訊, 這數天的親身體驗加上對市場上各種喇叭的認知,我相信Arya的Arthur 的確在此領域上作出了先軀性的貢獻! 希望在不久的將來我們可以看到和聽到氣刄會出現在一些高質素的喇叭聲箱內!

我仍要繼續努力, 把氣刄成為studio裡不可或缺的一個團隊成員!
  • Escriba su comentario
  • in my setup, the best result is obtained by aligning the front of the AB with the membrane of the midwoofer. It is the "standard" configuration of time alignment between different transducers
    BR 
    Toni
  • edited December 2020
    昨天跟朋友第一次到中環試音室,此行的主要目的是想聽下AE代理的幾種電源線的表現。

由於自己有用開Vertere的線材,非常認同設計者對音樂感的理念,剛好經常見到家訪相片中在Vertere旁總有Dalby的一席之位,所以就十分有興趣了解它的聲音特性。

在試音室裡我們首先聽了CAS、CD和黑膠,每一種Source的聲音表現都有極高水平,要如何選擇真是個人的口味和使用習慣問題。

而之後開始進入比較環節,用CD Transport作為source,對比了Dalby Meda,Eddie,Vertere HB,HBS和Skogand Wagner的表現。

聽完熟悉的幾首廣東歌和交響編制後,我和朋友都一致認為以上幾條電源線都十分富有音樂感!而性格則是各有側重,例如Dalby擁有極清澈秀麗的中高頻表現,Vertere有非常吸引的人聲和極細致的微動態,Skogand的節奏、力道和能量感都非常好,相信以上線材配搭不同的系統和器材都會有很好的表現。

非常感謝KK二小時的熱情招待和耐心講解,中環試音室的聲學同電源處理都有極高水平,可以很清楚容易地分辨到不同產品的特性。
  • Big thanks to Audio technique for the event!