Skip to content

Robert Koda Takumi K-70 power amplifiers

There is a lot of talk about Robert Koda Takumi K-15 preamplifier recently here at AE, but not so much about the Robert Koda Takumi K-70 power amplifiers.

I guess there are still quite few owners here how do they compare to the latest amps like Lars and Trinity?

Thanks

Comments

• Maestro,

I owned Takumi K70 for quite an extensive period of time switching from Wavac 805Mk2. K70 has been working extremely well with both Cessaro Affascinate and Tidal Contriva Diacera SE in my place....one being a horn system and another conventional speaker.

The driving power of K70 is 70W Class A. Spec aside, it delivers continuous and ample supply of power on these 2 pair of speakers without any stress and constraints in my listening area which is about 200sq ft. K10+K70 is a true depiction of Robert's understanding and appreciation of music and honestly I feel I am sharing the musical session with Robert side by side....it is not to the level of coloration but one can feel a slim of fragrance on the musical passage across the entire spectrum leading a pictorial landscape like a photo by Leica...it is just somewhat different from a Canon and Nikon....On Takumi, one's focus is not on the sharpness of the contour, it is the color richness, contrast and depth of the music....with K15, I get a few steps up on the sharpness but with the same colorful tonality and texture richness....

Both K10 and K70 have G2 (Generation 2), I am sure this combo is next to only a very very few super combos....

Marvel
  • Thank you Marvel for such intricate reply. Can you kindly write few more words about the difference between K10 an K15? Your writing is always ardent and highly appreciated.
  • Sorry, I press the wrong button....

Such as:

1. In K10, the transient attack seems not fast enough making it like 'rounded' and 'over-smoothen'ed. In K15, one can experience a much faster transient and dynamic surge is lightningly fast resulting in a more lively flow of music

2. K10, when under bigger volume, would tend to get blurred in the spatial resolution and layering of the soundstage along the depth axis. In K15, the control is much better with soundstage remain very static and proportionate at higher volume.

3. K15 has a better frequency extension than K10 thus producing more grandeur and 3-dimensionality compared to K10.

4. In terms of tonality and color richness, both are the same and certainly K15 is more linear nad less 'cloudy' in the midrange for sure.

5. Connectivity wise, K15 is more flexible than K10.

Hope this helps.
  • Marvel,

thank you.
  • Maestro,

To fulfill my dream of mating K15 and K70G2 before the arrival of the Lars preamp, I have bought the K70G2...this time I am really counter-poisoned by you when you started this thread.

I have changed several times my amps in my hifi journey and Robert Koda's Takumi is probably one which I cross it twice, I used K10/K70 about 4 years ago and the musical presentation of Takumi is something which can get me addicted. The music is so relaxed and soothe but yet without a right speed to produce the tempo and rhythmic pumps. Now the 2nd encounter of Takumi and despite the sovereigh presence of Lars just a few weeks ago, I still cannot resist the temptation of finding the perfect partner for K15 and run a few rounds of hifi parties duing Christmas! If you are interested, you are welcome....I remember you are using K10 a while ago, are you already on K15?

Marvel
  • Marvel兄長,

果然玩盡天下名器!果然有執著,要求一套品牌來達致恊調効應,在這裡好似還有一位叫Azzurri的兄長是用一套巨匠的。
  • Yes, I am using Robert K15+K70G2. I always believe the 1+1>2 synergy effect of a whole suite. I met Robert in person in a few months ago. I appreciate his passion on pursuit of music. It is good that Marvel big bro also got a whole suite of Robert now. I already asked him to share with us his view after some serious audition.
  • My apologies for the following typo, I should have said K10/K70 can produce the right tempo and rhythm....

Of course, the then criticism is the dynamic attack and transient of K10/K70

I have changed several times my amps in my hifi journey and Robert Koda's Takumi is probably one which I cross it twice, I used K10/K70 about 4 years ago and the musical presentation of Takumi is something which can get me addicted. The music is so relaxed and soothe but yet WITH a right speed to produce the tempo and rhythmic pumps. Now the 2nd encounter of Takumi and despite the sovereigh presence of Lars just a few weeks ago, I still cannot resist the temptation of finding the perfect partner for K15 and run a few rounds of hifi parties duing Christmas! If you are interested, you are welcome....I remember you are using K10 a while ago, are you already on K15?