Skip to content

Da Vinci Virtu Master Reference Preamp - Report Part 1

2»

Comments

• Puyi and WChow,

Thanks for your comments. Compared with Unison, Gabriel has a much firmer foundation on the bass. Does it exhibit some typical characteristics of a magnetic floating turntable? Frankly I can only tell the incremental improvement on Gabriel compared to Unison is not small. This is also the reason for me to upgrade from Unison.

I was using Shilabe with Thales on Unison going into the phono stage of the Tidal Preos, the resultant sound, as far as I can recall, is quite clean, dynamic and bass impact was there meeting my expectations. After upgrading to Gabriel, I have shelved up the Thales arm until now when the new Thales TTT turntable is launched.

Marvel
  • Da Vinci's latest masterpiece Master Reference Virtu. Peter Brem's original invention of 4 point gimbal bearing. Finish of the bearing and the arm of the Virtu is comparable to a Patek Phillipe watch. This is a fixed price item. Supply is scant and waiting time is long. Those who had already paid full will be allocated first. Deposits need to be taken for subsequent orders.
  • Invention of a 4 point gimbaled magnetic- sapphire bearing

Better VTA adjustment

New azimuth adjustment

Optional accessories available at a later time: Exchangeable tone arm tube for better matching with different cartridges.

The basis version is an hybrid arm tube made of ebony, steel and aluminum with an SME adapter:

Master's Reference Virtu tone arm is a precisely engineered product with uncompromising quality with vaunted Swiss precision evident in its design.

Description pictures:

Jewels created by Zigerli-Iff, Bern, Switzerland
    White-gold with Turmalin

Patek Philippe (Men's complicated watch - world time platinium) meets DaVinciAudio's new tone arm.

Authorized Dealer for Patek Philippe: Zigerli-Iff, Bern, Switzerland
  • This preamp is highly anticipated. It attracted tremendous attention from the recent Swiss Hi End Show.
  • Solid state with Da Vinci's own uniquely wound transformer circuitry guarantees supreme tonal color alongside speed/pitch. It smashes up the Wavac PR-T1 into pieces in a recent comparison. Much finer, much more dynamics, much more speed.

Take a look at the internal structure.
  • How will Cessaro sound with Da Vinci preamp and poweramp? This is not so an engima because we can easily imagine the magical combination of the two. The 1 pair of Virtu mono blocks power amp will arrive in December after almost 2 years of development.
  • I am likely to get this one after living with Tron syren for 4 years, for as long as it is not as expensive as the Virtu, I am in. The musicality of Da Vinci is unique and I strongly believe the solid state session will improve the speed and resolution without compromising the tonal color. Blowing up the Wavac PR-T1 is not an surprise. The Japanese tube masters do not seem to have any major breakthru in technology and yet prices keep going up because of the damn yen.
  • The Virtu mono block amplifiers by Peter Brem of Da Vinci
  • This is highly anticipated too. The magic of Da Vinci electronics working in unison still resonates in my heart for years. That was the days of an entire chain of Grandezza passive preamp, mono drivers all the way to the parallel singled end grandezza power amp driving a pair of Intonation. How will a complete suite of Da Vinci electronics in solid state stimulate our musicality senses? We will know very soon.
  • What's inside the pandora box of these amps?
  • The circuitry of Virtu amp is unique and unconventional. The chassis is a solid block of alu that serves as an advance heatsink tom reduce thermal distortion. Although it looks small, the weight of each amplifier is over 30kg! It houses a special input transformers wound in house by Da Vinci. After the input transformers, loading is purely by electronics rather than inter-stage and output transformers. The circuitry is single ended design. Class A operation. 40watts into an 8ohm loading. The design criteria is to reach the highest levelmof musicality according to Peter Brem and the rest is not important. This is an uncompromising design that takes more than 2 years of development. There is also a gain switch just in case the matching preamp's output gain is too
    small. The ideal partner for the Virtu amp is high efficiency speakers. When Da Vinci meets Cessaro horn, the magic is one of a kind. Highly anticipated. This is another route to reach musicality through sense and sensibility.