Skip to content
Options

My Takumi K-10 Arrived

Comments

• Options
    Ray, we only turn the K10 to 10 o'clock to run the Cessaro while in the case of CDSE in my system, 2 o'clock is the norm. K10 has a very stable and unaudible noise platform even at this volume.
  • Options
    Raymond,
    How is the sound of K10 right now in your side? From my experience, K10 needs running in but 2-3 days suffice. You should be enjoying in the heaven of music now.
    I don't have enough XLR IC to do A-B comparison between on balanced mode. I also expect balanced mode will have a better performance and it is my intention to move to full balance mode at this moment.
    At this momnent, I am connecting K10(XLR) and K70 (RCA) in a strange manner because I reuse my old IC. This is truely not the ideal operations model for K10.

As I mentioned, I feel Cassero matches very much wtih K10/K70 because of character matching. I also want to visit Marvel to see how K10/K70 runs with Tidal...

Azzurrri
  • Options
    Azurri,

The K10 blows away the PR-T1! The resolution is incredible. Speed is tremendous. The snap of the music is reproduced with outstanding transients capability. Yet, the tonality is very beautiful. It is easy to be engaged by the K10. Extremely poisonous!

I feel it is better to toe-in the speakers a bit before the unit warms up. Once the mid range opens up, the lower mid bass will come forth to shoot you.

I feel that the bass sustain is shorter than tube counter parts but upon pulling the speakers away (to increase time delay on the bass, the sustain will lengthen.

It is a true to the origin neutral preamp. I think you should either use RCA to RCA or XLR to XLR. Don't create impedance mismatch by yourself that often negate bass energy.
  • Options
    Wchow,

I am delighted to read your sharing on K10 and indeed, I made a slight toe in on the speaker after the installation of K10 and more to that, I moved the 2 speakers a bit closer to each other as well. After these minor repositioning and with more burning in time for the K10, I can hear more energy coming out in the mid bass to bass range with ease. Resolution from top end to the bottom remains very clear rivalling Tidal Preos but the magic of musical engagementis at its height on K10/K70 combo that no other preamp/poweramp combo in my system can ever produce.

Marvel
  • Options
    Azzurri/Marvel/Chow etc....

And anyone of you tried playing around the feet underneath the K10?

The K10 is interesting. It keeps evolving. Are you guys experiencing the same?

VR
  • Options
    Marvel,

Had you tried placing A10-U8 under the K10? What is the impact? Too bad, all stocks were sold when I called PT up this Sat.

How does it compare to the coral feet? It is clearly not VR's cup of tea but I'd like to listen to other opinions.
  • Options
    My K10 @003 arrived last week.
  • Options
    And the Vekian Transport...
  • Options
    And My 12 Valve System...
  • Options
    Shanghai big dude, where is your Spartan? Had you tried the super ground wire on the K10? It transforms it to the next level, amazing.
  • Options
    I linked up the super ground wire to K10 yesterday and it looks as though it gives me an extra 1-2db S/N ratio. I have done a quick AB comparison between connecting it and disconnecting it, without the super ground wire, the music sounds like 'framed' in a box and with the wire, the energy seems to be released out more freely and the volume of the K10 seems to have turned up a bit higher. I know this is not exactly what has happened, I think I can hear more details with all the ground noise drained away much faster using the new ground wire as in the past, I do have a 'normal' ground wire connected to the K10 all the time.

Marvel
  • Options
    Marvel,

I have learnt that you are going for the Calysto by Analog Domain. It is the finest solid state amplifier I have ever come across.

Ray
  • Options
    Ray, that's true. I joined the order with you and PT. AD is the end game for solid state amp as my friend in Taiwan has already exhausted most, if not all, top tier SS amps under his Tidal Sunray. I have full confidence that Analog Domain will match perfectly with CD SE.
  • Options
    Are you moving to a bigger place soon? I hope you spend more effort to improve room acoustics.
  • Options
    Ray, that depends on the property market in HK...I really hope to get a nicer apartment in later part of 2011 or early 2012 at a nicer price...until then, I am tackling the room acoustics which has yielded some good results with the help of Jlam and PT recently.