Skip to content
Options

Fairy from the Forest - Groundbreaking Research on Acoustics

We always push the envelope. I am relentless in progressing to the next stage which I may not have any idea what will be there. But what motivates my passion is not just music but also "out of the box" thinkers providing new ideas and methodologies to improve. Some of these ideas may fail but that is not the point - it is the spirit that matter.

An Japanese engineer always has a question in his mind, "Why the sound of forest sounds so stress-free and natural despite thousands of woods and lumbers standing next to others? Any sound wave travels through the web of wood will be reflected everywhere from the ground up to the peak of the trees. Of course, there are some degree of absorption as well depending on the type of lumber in any particular forest. Still, it is very difficult to find an over-damped forest. It is lively, but never bright. The sound field is not as diffused as one would expect too. Try to recall the sound of a bird singing in a forest, it is very clear and sometimes you can even feel the energy.

Is there some kind of secret in the way the forest is arranged that lead to such acoustical properties? Maybe some "golden ratio" secretly applied by God?

After a decade of research into the subject of "forest acoustics", this engineer has unlocked key mysteries of forest acoustics. Here I am testing his hypothesis in my own setup. They are well built, very natural, and looks like a furniture.

Comments