Skip to content

new feet

After reading much about it, and by the recommedation from AE, I decided to get a set of Reference Feet while in HK. Now that I have put them under my Zero transport, replacing a set of Finite Elemente Cerapuc, I found them exceed my high expectation.

I like everything those feet do, more woodiness in sound, yet still excellent focus, resolution, and control. They simply convey the complex texture and tone very very well without distortion. I heard that the vibration devices always make compromises, but I did not hear any negative on those.

AE, thanks again for the great product and another good recommendation.

Robert

Comments

• Robert,

You have a clean system. Looks great. The reference feet is very excellent.

I see you are stacking the preamp over the power amp. I think it is not a good idea. I suggest you to use another refernce feet between them.

The improvement you described is similar to mine. It means your supporting platform vibrates more than we want to think.

What speakers are you using?

Hung
  • Hung,

Thanks for the comments. The reference feet are really something.

Re stacking amps, like you stated, it is not a good idea. To make it even more difficult, the bottom of the Linn Klimax amps are not flat, there are slanted surfaces on 4 edges, and only a small flat surface with vent grill in the center. Fortunately, the original feet are more elaborate than most other brands'. I now placed a small ball bearing with rubber sleeve type of isolation device---custom made by a LA local dealer---between the power amp and my wood stand, and use the soft original feet stacking the preamp on top of the power amp. This way, it achieved a balance I like. However most likely, not as good as each of the componets supported by the reference feet. I have to experience more in the future.

I have to admit, as a designer, I am more willing to make compromises than most other in this forum in selecting my equipment and set up to achieve a clean and asthetic appearance. But still, with the help from AE and all of you, I am learning, and I have been making big progress in my system's sonic performance.

I have been using a pair of Dynaudio C1 speakers for 4 years now. I placed the Acoustic System's interlaces under the spike of the speakers' stands, and a diffuser behind each speaker. The C1s are working fine. However, I think my next big upgrade would be new speakers.

Regards,

Robert
  • A picture of the difuser placed behind my speaker.