Skip to content

AE in the year of Ox

Dear AE fellows,

The year of Rat was behind us. Let's hope the year of Ox will be better for everyone.

AE continued to grow rapidly in 2008. That's not a secret. I am happy for the result. But high growth is never my number one priority in this audio business. I repeat once again that I have no minimum budget requirement to meet. I don't need to deliver any quantitative target to any shareholders because this is just a simple company. It maybe even too simple for many to understand how it works, how it grows, and how we survive.

For 2009, the theme is to KILL NOISES. To kill as much as possible so that what is remain will be golden "silence" for the musical plot delivered by your system to unfold at ease. The latest anti-glass vibration little device will be an triumph to ALL audiophiles in Hong Kong. I project sales of them will easily exceed a few thousand pieces in the first six months. Unless your home don't have glass windows, otherwise you are gonna need a few pieces. You will be amazed how much music has been missing when your glass windows are vibrating simultaneously.

Next, I will start killing Radio Frequency and Electro Magnetic Interference noises. We are never satisfied with any AC conditioning devices in the market (other than the ultra expensive Wavac AC-1) because of severe dynamic compression at both the micro and macro level. The Wavac 805mk2 experience let me understand those RF/EMI must be killed as well. AE will introduce the perfect solution soon. I am sure present owners of the KYOTO power bar (just a plain power bar without any filter) by ORB knows "WE NEVER BLUFF!"

I must use this space to send my personal compliment to Ulrik Madsen who just presented the perfect cable - "FLOW". I don't really care those jargons out there. Perfect means its ability to deliver the original musicality intended by the recordings with the correct tonality and tempo. I listened a system wired completely with Flow and play my favorite recordings. I also brought the original manuscripts used by the musician in the recordings to check accuracy of tempo. It is just perfect. What about FMR? We shall find out soon enough. If anyone feels his system is capable of reproducing piano with certain quality, I recommend he or she to pay PT a visit.

I also must give great credit to Tron. The quality of a complete Tron suite is beyond my expectation. Sorry guys, I was listening to the setup with the correct impedance matching. I was told others were quite contended with the sonic quality even when the impedance was wrong and the Shilabe cartridge is not completely burnt in.

I also foresee this is a year of more and more AE fellow moving to the world of Vinyl. The new Zanden phono stage with the original DGG curve will be a must-buy for all hardcore vinyl lover unless you don't have any DGG recordings. If you are prepared for a LP system, I strongly recommend the presence of at least a Da Vinci Cartridge within the system. I don't really know what is musicality. But when I listen to the Da Vinci, I always feel it just cannot get any closer to "music".

I also foresee there will be more Vekian users in 09 simply because of its groundbreaking performance. Of course, we shall demo the latest version of SUNRAY by Tidal around April time.

Last but not least, we MAY host our first "virgin" show.......

Once again, thank you for all of your support.

See you all on AE Annual Dinner on Feb 2nd, 2009.

J

Comments