Skip to content
Options

A Fine Day in New York

J, I am still working shits here in New York. I can't get any shit done. Market is bad. Nothing to do, I came to this website. Bingo! There are some real crazy people around here. I like that attitude! Is that Marvel guy the extreme guy you mention about? I am crazy too. Two bloody pairs of EE brenda 3 meter long. I wish I got that luxury time to visit some of your crazy customers. Are that pair of Baldur amp created lots of shit in Taiwan? The beast look real dangerous. I believe your extreme customer has some serioius reflection problem with his floor. Pity those audio jewels may not perform to the outer limit.

After visit your real crazy friend, the voice of Frederick von stade always spins in my head. That danish speakers are really out of this world! I told my friends about it. They say Von you are damn crazy to throw away that robotic speaker from the alps. I said well I have not heard better in my life.

Life is short. See CNN, BCC, and the news this week. It is all bloody war, war war!!! Please get the speaker to my home as soon as you can. I have no more patience for mediocre sound.

Enough for now, I got to meet a bunch of serious bankers in the 5th.

Voy Ramons

Comments

• Options
    Hi, Voy,

Interesting to hear that J has mentioned my setup to you. You have a sharp eye to notice that the tile floor could be a problem. I tried using a carpet but the result is not that good, may be the carpet I was using is not good enough. This is somewhat fundamental and I continue to dip into the expertise in AE to get it turn around. I believe I am not far away from the optimal point.

Surely, out of your crazy schedule, you are always welcome for a home visit.

Many who have heard my Baldur300 setup commented that it doesn't sound like tube power amp as it does not have any sign of sluggishness, over-warm in the midrange, noisy background leading to less than satisfactory standard. Quite on the contrary, it is the ultra-transparency it renders that has triggered me to replace the Vitus SM100 monoblock which is also crazy stuff in the hi-end world.

I am also planning to get Eufrodite in 2007 and am using Neo. The Orpheus Heritage DAC has taken the performance of Neo to an uncharted zone recently and at some point (I am still) I was wondering if I should replace the speaker to avoid the hazzle. You know, replacing the speaker is perhaps the single most troublesome within the system which I really want to
    avoid. My crazy friend Linnman has spent (and is still spending) a hell of an effort in maximising the benefits of the Eufrodite by fine tuning its position and the relative positions of his tuning devices. Not entirely trivial for an ignorant end-user like me.

Marvel
    Marvel
  • Options
    Yah, you are the extreme guy that J always mentions. Please don't play the game of modesty with me. Your gears are not ignorant. Get straight to the point, Marvel X!

That baldur looks like a pair of big royal monster. I know how it taste to be in the magical tube world. What about the control and dynamic? These horning amps seem to have remarkable control on that damn danish masterpiece. I have reservation on those German stuff. Most of them sound clinical, edgy and cool and cruel. But Marvel X is the man here, so I trust your words.

I know J sold that monsters of yours well. Finding some time to touch these beasts is hell of a job when you have mega deals in the pipeline.

Rewind the tape backward, ahh, you say you are not far from the optimal point. How do you know you are not far? That damn floor of yours is creating lots of shits for your system.

Get a carpet quick, use amp stands, or buy another house. We are all crazy, ain't we?

• Options
    Thanks Voy,

And I would like thank Jeff's compliment as well.

Yes, the floor is an issue but trust me, the small resonators/diffusors thing really works and putting one diffuser on the floor, though not day and night, is 'effective' enough to tell the difference.

I have a 10 year old kid and I have used a carpet before and used it on top of the tile file reminds me Aladdin and all I could do is to put it on the floor only when I listen to music, a bit of trouble.

Will work this out with AE.

Marvel