Skip to content
Options

Limited amount of SMR SE 1.5M (new connector) will arrive in the next few days

Please book it with Mr.Lee or Hung accordingly. They are running away fast.

Comments

• Options
    Bigipece, when will you be back to HK again?
  • Options
    End MAR08. Got to wait for a few weeks
  • Options
    Welcome to the horny Club! You have made the right decision in a timely manner as always. PT will introduce you to Danny next time when you are in HK as both of you use exactly the same amplification to drive the horn.

When your system is truly remarkable up and running, it may be the right time to ask Srajan to visit us again, this time I want to include a Shanghai tour.
  • Options
    Glad to join the horny club and looking forward to meet Danny
  • Options
    Both Danny and Shanghai Bigpiece came to listen the Cessaro and become poisoned......Both of you are 805 users and you know after hearing how EC300B drive the Cessaro and your system will fly with colors when change to use the Cessaro......my sin...my sin...

Welcome on board!!

Marvel
  • Options
    What a horny party here! I can't remember who said the German tank served the horn well. I can't remember who recommended you to try 300B or SET amp. Ain't we all sinners, marvel bro?
  • Options
    Hi-fi poisoning is like a food chain...when you poison somebody, you might have been poisoned by somebody else....Voy, are you getting the top configuration for the horn? The expressiveness and openness would thrill you...

• Options
    My first pair of SMR SE finally installed in my system, replacing the old Argento VDM from pre - power. Even without run-in, the improvement is terrific. Very tempted to get another pair for source and the more importantly for speakers......
    Well, it seems going to fast, I better hold on and enjoy the "process" and the forthcoming arrival of Cessaro.......
  • Options
    Bigpiece, you are really fast in the recent years and I like this pace....just like an early morning ride with friends in an expressway...wow...I can see your Ferrari, DSo's Porsche, Charles's Lambo, CCN's AstonMartin and last but not least, Studiogrey's Enzo all charging ahead...I am of course happily following you guys losing my breath in catching up la...the riding process is enjoyable and slowing down a bit once in a while is not a bad idea...but get another pair of SMR SE is imperative !! DSo has proven and I witnessed that using both SMR SE from source to pre and pre to power would create stress free transmission....go go go before the Euro rises again....

Marvel
  • Options
    Big brother, go go go!
  • Options
    I remember my first Hi-End gear was bought from Marvel Big brother and this is my stairway to the Sound of heaven.
    Thank Marvel Big Big brother!!!!!
  • Options
    Marvel Big Big brother, your power to awaken lost soul is immense. From time to time, your expressive writings impress me deeply. Your audio resume is as rich as the mid range of Alpha One.

But how do you save yours? Do you wanna be a spiritual leader in our community? Or do you wanna be the Knights fighting your own acoustics? I reckon both are not easy. The "hard tone" comments from the mouth of King Horn kills the very faint heart of mine who follows your development closely ever since the birth of this sacred forum.

We need your enlightenment, big big brother.
  • Options
    Voy, Studiogrey,

Thanks for the compliments. I am no doubt the 'pilot site' of many exotic gears from AE but the more I visit this forum, the more I understand there are 'laying tigers and crouching dragons', yourselves included...

For my room acuostics, I rely heavily on the resonators and diffusors by Franck and PT to help putting them in the right positions. For the floor, I shall buy a bigger carpet to tame the tile floors. My dining table will be replaced by a bar table to allow more breathing space for the speakers and remove another big reflecting surface at the back. I will probably replace the 2 paintings at the rear wall with glass to minimise the reflection from the back.

According to PT, I can do a bit more room tunings by the resonators but I believe I should get the 805Mk2 first as the energy dispersion pattern would then change again. Once the power amp is in place, PT will help me in fine tuning and perhaps completing the room tuning.

With the foregoing, this will tame the 'hard tone' of the room. One icing on the cake is the soon arrival of the SRA platform for the Raven which I am longing for....

Marvel
  • Options
    天作孽,犹可恕;自作孽,不可活, i need to take responsiblity to sell a cardas Golden Cross PC to Marvel Brother 10 years ago. 害人终害己!

Voy, apart from the "Give me the best, dont waste my time!" style, I believe Marvel Bro has another side deep in his heart, he also enjoys the hard route. I recall I (and I am not the only one) mentioned to Marvel Bro long time ago, the obvious and most effective way to enhance hifi experience is to move to a bigger apartment. In view of all of those "ahead the curve" spending on exotic gears, I think it is more then enough to move to a place with better acoustics. Well, I may be wrong, this probably is Marvel Bro's tactics to ensure any new purchase requests got approved by his boss.....
    吾好丙我, Marvel Bro.
  • Options
    Marvel big big brother,

The discussion is interesting. Allow me to say a few words. I always admire the courage of Marvel bro to spend the necessary on fundamentals such as cables and rack, ohio boards etc. Most of us would rather put the money on hardwares, ignoring the importance of those attributes. The problem of Marvel, the way I see it, is the acoustics. I have a few resonators in my system and surely they do magic to me. At the same time, we cannot change phyiscs - famous quote by PT all the time. Your acoustics, though Srajan of 6 moons complimented it a lot, always left doubt in my mind. You need certain degree of absorption to tame the reflective surfaces. I believe the impression of Srajan, like Dso's 1st visit to you in the system, was impressed by the presence of soundstage in a highly reflected area. This by no means imply harmony and musicality. You have one of many attributes impress people out of the impossibilities but there are much more to do.

Of all the systems in the community, you have the best ingredients all the time as voy pointed out. This also means you should have the highest potential to perform. I don't subscribe to a larger home is a precondition to the utopia (of course, it is better to have larger space but larger space also carries acoustic problems at another scale. let's look at the hardworks done by Mr.Zanden. He always sets up a role model here.)

Listen to PT's system, though in many ways his space is much more smaller than ours apartment in terms of size, always impresses me the most. I have not heard a system that does classical as refined and details as his system. The music from his system has depth and substance. My most recent visit to his system really shocks me on the reproduction of piano and a few cuts on LP about violin just kills me.

Marvel big big brother, being a spiritual leader is not enough, you need to demonstrate the stuff. Again, you got great fundamentals amongst us all, and from your own audio literature, you certainly know the stuff well as you are so close to PT. It will be a day of reckoning if you can tame your acoustics and let us open our ears!

Puyi