Da Vinci Active Preamp - Preziuso

The chassis is in the milling process

Comments

• Options
    Closer look
  • Options
    Raw finish BEFORE polishing
  • Options
    This is Da Vinci's first active preamp. A separate power supply is not shown here. The design is transformer coupled. The key feature is its module design by nature. For those who have listened to the Grandezza system which consists on Passive Preamp - Two Huge Line Driver - Two mono blocks and eventually POISONED ( many mistaken that the line driver are two huge power supplies but in fact they are not but a mono line driver), this new line of product could be a good news to them as they are much more affordable than the crazy system.

The presence of an active preamp also improves system matching flexibility. You can choose to upgrade the separate powersupply to the MAJESTIC power supply, or you can even add TWO line drivers in the same size to form the Preamplificaiton part in the Grandezza config (Active preamp + two mono line driver)

The chassis of matching single parallel ended concept 300B mono block amplifiers is also milled by solid block of alumnium and polished to very high standard. Ac active preamp + a pair of mono block with 16 watt class A should have more option to drive many more speakers. Also, this is a config that most audiophiles is easy to recognize, as opposed to (Passive Preamp + Mono Line Driver + Mono Block Power Amp which correspondingly requires HIGHER GAIN DAC/phono stage to compensate the passive preamp plus a pair of speaker with very high efficiency preferabbly with an active bass module.)

The active preamp can also matched with oher brands of power amp. For ultimate performance, it has a CONCEPT OUTPUT where the signal goes "directly" to the grid of the 300B to the CONCEPT INPUT of the Da Vinci poweramp.

We expect the Preziuso line in the most basic config - active pre + 300B mono block to arrive before December.
  • Options
    The matching PSE300B mono amplifier Before polishing
  • Options
    Could share more about these Robort?
  • Options
    ccn, this is the latest mono power amplifier by Da Vinci. It is not as expensive as the grandezza system. But the Da Vinci provides convenient upgrade path to eventually reach the grandezza quality. It will work with an active preamp by Da Vinci too. Unlike the grandezza system (passive preamp-> mono line driver -> mono block amplifiers), the new products is just like normal active preamp/power amp config. Flexibility of choosing speaker is also widened substantially. If you want you can add mono driver stage inbetween in the future, upgrade the power supply etc...

The chassis quality is even better than Grandezza. We will receive the 1st set late October or early November
  • Options
    ccn,

You will melt down by the Da Vinci system soon to arrive. I foresee this mono block Robot will appear on your craze rack soon.

Wait 2 more weeks.....

PT
  • Options
    I m melting down already.........

check mail!
  • Options
    This mono block Robot is 10 watt, single end 300B?
  • Options
    Studiogrey, I believe it is 16watt 300B in parallel single-ended config just like the Grandezza system. Did you listen to the whole grandezza system before? It really plays music. I wonder how it compares to your wavac super combo pr-t1 with 833.
  • Options
    Mr.ccn,

Are you in the media industry, CNN?

Let the meltdown continue. Da Vinci just received the chassis today.
  • Options
    The side view.
  • Options
    Did you see the concept input? 5-pin XLR socket. The active preamp connects to the grid of the 300B tubes directly via this concept input. This pair of poweramp only works with Da Vinci's active preamp UNLESS you add the Line Driver. With the line driver, it can work with any other preamps. Works are clearly still in progress as they have not atttached the second pair of speaker binding posts. The black chassis underneath is the power supply.
  • Options
    Julian,The Grandezza system is good but the presentation is not my cup of tea, a bit too sweet in my taste.
  • Options
    Hi JLam,

That is short form of my full name! I m working in Old traditional Industry!

Could u share more details about the Da Vin system? Does the Active pre with any tube? How good r they???

Thanks & hope to meet you some day!

c.c.n