Skip to content
Options

Why I have become a Tron guy?

The Tron 7 reference phono is really good stuff. This version that I heard at PT's place is custom made version for the schroder arm and the Jan Allaert cartridge. The sound is always rhythmically mellow. The transient details are amazing. The Cessaro Horn, is amazing all round, but at almost 100db sensitivity, the Tron 7 ref is ultra quiet, quite rare for a one box design. I find it even more quiet than the Zanden phono in comparison on the same system. I trace this colorful forum for quite awhile, and learn that Tron is very dynamic. Tonight the sound that I heard is not only dynamic but also very elegant and refine. The elasticity of violin string is very nice to listen. Even the clarity and the dynamic of the supporting piano is well rendered with presence, scale and weight. At this price point, I agree with PT that it is not only a gem but a bargain. Can't wait for the version custom made loading for my ZYX cartridge.

These are pics taken at AE showroom today with my new Canon camera.

Comments

• Options
    Sorry, my photo skills are quite bad, still learning how to use the camera. PT, I agree with you to reduce the gain by replacing 12AX7 with 6072. The Cessaro is ultra efficient.
  • Options
    You made the right decision. Welcome to the Trojan gang. If you do have the resources, at least get a basic syren, pair it up with the catata, and get a whatever high sensitivity speakers to rock.