Skip to content

RE: PRANAWIRE GROUND INTERCEPTOR LEVEL TWO

Harprit (AE Singapore) installs new cartridges on my Da Vinci analog rig (Unisone TT/Grandezza Ref tonearm).  When he came to install a newly repaired Koetsu Blue-Lace Platinum cartridge - he innocently suggested I audition the PranaWire Ground Interceptors.    He had a pair of Level Two interceptors which he connected to the negative terminals of my Tidal speakers.    I was pleasantly surprised.   

The Interceptors improved the sound significantly.    Background was "quieter".    Music was subjectively "louder".     The highs/trebles were more prominent without sounding harsh.    I was getting separation and hearing details that I didn't notice before.    At the same time - the midrange was denser and richer.    In short - it made the listening experience much more enjoyable.

AE Singapore is a purveyor of great looking, impressive sounding but often very expensive audio gear.    I can't afford most of the stuff that they sell.    They also sell a range of remarkably effective accessories.    These aren't inexpensive by any means.    However - they are not restricted to those who own GCBs, drive Bentleys or who have private bankers looking after their wealth.       

PranaWire Interceptors are "grounding devices".    Apparently they "clean" the system by draining away harmful RF and EMI.    They are not mainstream high-end audio devices.    Some "technical experts" remain unconvinced.    One skeptic wrote ... these devices work "tremendously well" for audiophiles looking for "emotional support" to validate they were doing something to "clean up their grounding and improve their system".     If you are looking for published measurements to validate their benefits - I doubt you will find them.   One critic alleges that the grounding device that he tested ...  even added noise by acting as an antenna. 

However - there are enthusiastic reviewers who are impressed with grounding devices - claiming they were remarkably effective in "cleaning-up sound", "lowering the noise floor", "opening up the soundstage" and "making instruments and vocals more full and realistic".   One reviewer even wrote that the grounding device that he tested unpacked low frequencies from congealed symphonic passages revealing "unsuspected subterranean lifeforms".   

PranaWire website claims the improvements from these Interceptor include "lower noise, more decay and openness" and "greater bass energy and drive" making listening more "immersive and involving".    I can attest to these benefits.    I have had the Interceptors Level Two in my system for 1-2 weeks.    I am very pleased with them.     The background is "quieter" and "darker".    The highs are more pristine.    The mid-range sounds richer and more saturated.    Listening to music ...  has become much more enjoyable.    

If you have an opportunity to evaluate the Interceptors in your sound system - I suspect you will like the effect that it will have on your sound system.