Skip to content

Skogrand flagship USB cable - Beethoven

13»

Comments

• Roman

I heard that you and Marvel already bought the Beethoven USB.

Please share more of your experiences.
  • Just got the USB today. Need to try it tonight and see how it works on my system. It is brilliant in the showroom. An instant KO vs HB...
    Man
  • Roman,

How was the Beethoven USB? Are you using it with the Wadax?
  • Just tried Beethoven USB last night. It is crazy. I thought HB is the best in the market already, but there still could be drastic improvements in all aspects! What a cruel knockout. It is not just slightly improved, but drastic improvements like it is 2 grades ahead of HB.
    My speakers are the weakest component in my system that in some particular music, the treble may be a bit harsh. I was planning to adjust that through room acoustic, but Beethoven removes the harshness easily without even burning in. This is surely not coloration (but if it is, I don't care as I like it), as I can listen to much more details, more dynamics and controlled bass, liveliness, better ambience, more emotions, and most importantly, more musical. It is not just more hifi, though it leaps 2 grades in all hifi aspects, but it is the musicality that really matters. I can feel the room is more filled up with music and energy than before, one step closer to live performance.
    The only drawback is the price however. HB is very cost-effective, but for perfectionist, there is no turning back.
    Man
  • Roman,

Are you using Beethoven speaker cable and interconnect too?
  • Yes. Just one Beethoven interconnect though.
    Man
  • I got one too. Connected Trinity PC to Trinity DAC last night, (Trinity PC shut off for more than 8 months), played a few songs, oho...the sound is very very close to the sound from my CD player . USB cable and PC are not yet burn-in. My cd player and digital cable are not bad at all, (Metronome Calypso Reference , Odin 2 digital cable) Sorry to mention the name. Now I turn on the pc, dac and pre-amp (non-stop)for a few days. By then I will come back and report how good this USB cable is.
    Cheers !
  • Betta, how is the Beethoven USB?
  • This damn USB cable is obscenely expensive but fucking damn crazily good at the same time. I don't damn know how the Norweigian does it. It tears the Brits apart