Skip to content

Da Vinci Gabriel and Equilibrium turntable

Comments

• Unison XXL

• New Virtu straight arm 

• This time I really understand how does an arm change the game so much!  I listened to the Gabriel V3 with the original Virtu arm (bended arm tube with screw in headshell) twice after new AE showroom was opened.  

Master Chik installed the new Virtu arm (straight arm tube without screw in headshell) on Tuesday.  I happened to be in town and so I planned to spend 30 mins there.   Chik spinned the "Phantom of the Opera" record.  After the first 3 minutes, goosebumps surfaced. The sound is so dramatically dense and human like.  Emotions are passionately conveyed to me.  At the climax where the bass lines are getting increasingly complex, the arm tracks so well as I can hear the energy is so controlled. To compare, the old arm sounds diffused. The arm has a lot to do with preserving energy.  It feels like the amp is upgraded. The JMF bends well with the Da vinci. 

• edited March 2017
    The competence of the "Etsuro" flagship Cartridge is faithfully showcased. 
  • The platter of the DV Gabriel V3

• Looks gorgeous.  I personally like gold on white.. more harmonious with a home setting.  Red is better for a showroom setting.