Skip to content
Options

HARTVIG Signature tunrtable

Comments

• Options
    Can't imagine how the performance of the Hartvig turntable would be sitting on this master reference board...for the Origine, the music contours and structure are more vivid with different depths of field. I will put the turntable on this board when everything is ready.

Another great find of AE!
  • Options
    Marvel

It looks pretty damn cool! How does it compare with SRA? I use the vibration boards from Germany recommended by PT underneath my speakers with "extreme tremendous" results! No feet under any speakers can defeat floor vibration as thoroughly as these exotic boards. Those two gigantic boards under the Lizst (I happened to be there when he installed them) transforms the reproduction to another level. Piano Tuner is really the right name for him. The playback of piano and violin after these boards are installed carries a bespoke silence - free of floor vibration going up to the speakers.
  • Options
    By the way, I just received my Origine. I concur everything VR said about it. Let those who don't understand think we are crazy. A life time achievement award for Stephanie Even, bar none.
  • Options
    Thanks for the reminder of cassph. I am using the new FMR SE black power on the Origine with excellent sonic merits. Lately, I also add the 2nd flow center for pure digital gears only. The FMR SE and flow center are better mated together to achieve constant resistance to ground.
  • Options
    It looks substantial. And if it is engineered for the turntable in mind, it should be good for other stuff (general logic). Hartvig is an understated great turntable. It should set up in AE to show off its true color.
  • Options
    WChow, indeed, I have installed the Tidal board underneath the Agoria. Vibration back to the speaker from the floor has been further isolated by this board. Following PT's advice, the Agoria is now directly coupled with the board to maximise the benefit of the board. Will be getting one more possibly for the CD player or the preamp.
  • Options
    the new pure copper platter of Hartvig simply transforms the performance of the turntable to a few levels up....Thales arm, tuned by Master Chik just make it very very clear that Simplicity is just its younger brother in the family...a nice gap differentiating what is the most cost effective and easiest setup vs the genuinely reference class design allowing zero tolerance for error....

I had a very enjoyable 2 hours in Master Chik's place listening to the Hartvig turntable also comparing the Durand record weight with my beloved Dalby...
  • Options
    Durand record weight using the ultra scarce wood for making the Telos to make this...only 10 available and I was the last one to get the get the tenth..
  • Options
    this the Durand record weight...

the Hartvig, upgraded with the copper platter, coupled with the oversized battery supply really put it in the league of ultra hi-end turntables. Master Chik is using the Wadax as the digital phono and preamp connecting it to the Zanden power amp....it is not easy for a hardcore analogue worshiper like Master Chik to endorse this, but he does, it tells a lot...
  • Options
    That looks real cool, my Marvel bro! And you still have this baby from Micha! Bravo! You really have everything! I'd suggest you to put a gold Hartvig platform underneath the turntable, and that will be majestic.

How would you describe the sonic merits of it? We are all using AAS Gabriel, and you got one at one too.
  • Options
    Voy,

We will put a Hartvig platform underneath the turntable to further substantiate the bass foundation and the speed when it propagates the skills of the individual performers within the music. When I use the Hartvig platform for the Origine in my own system, it can lead me into the deeper layer and inner details of the music by letting me 'see movements in the dark and at the back'. If I use a black and white photo as an anology, the grades in grey between the two ends have been increased by double if I use the Hartvig platform. Everything atays focused but not anchored daadline on the floor.

For the current setup in Master Chik's place, I am pretty sure there are things that Hartvig can do better than my setup using Gabriel...it is not a matter of acquired taste (I am using Kai in my setup while Master Chik is using 9TT), it is the way the sonical message is being articulated and presented. I still need Master Chik to spare me more time to help fine tuning my setup (not just the vinyl but the speaker positioning, etc)...Until then I can do a more structured compaison.

As it stands, I am sure Hartvig rivals strongly among all the vinyl setup I have listened and more importantly, only today I can realise the true color of Thales AV114 which has never performed that marvellously in my system. Whoever located in HK and know where Master Chik's place, please spare some time to listen to this setup together with the Wadax. You will be amazed by such great turntable and the no-so-conventional digital phono and preamp can produce such quality of the playback (with mostly humble cables wiring up the system).

Marvel
  • Options
    Of course I took away my 1 out of the 10 Durand record weights after the audition in Master Chik's place...Voy, have you grasped yours?
  • Options
    Yes I do! How can I not?

By the way, I think our Spanish black horse has done a tremendous job in the phono domain. The Wadax Pre One mark 2, given the recent listening experiences at AE, blew me up several times on my favorite recordings. Come on guys, if Wadax could do AD conversion at this superlative level, I beg the DA session can rival dCS, Stahltek, Zanden and Weiss easily.

But once again, the phono is damn good. I forget all the fucking format and misconception about vinyl. Just shut the fuck up and show me what your vinyl system is capable of.

Bravo Javier! I respect people who chose to walk a difficult path and be succeeded eventually. Roy Gregory agrees. The whole world knows soon enough.
  • Options
    I just set up a wadax system over the weekend
  • Options
    This Hartvig master reference board is designed for the turntable. Anyway, Soren Hartvig told me anything atop this board will have dramatic reduction of mechanical noises. I tried it last night. It is very special.