Skip to content

Dalby Audio Design

These feet will challenge the Japanese Maestro

Comments

• A lot of thought is hidden in the system.
  • 95mm diameter each; inverted brass staff; 4 point ceramic; gold spike plate (not shown here)
  • Even thought this is a set of feet, they are not aimed for the mass hi end market. Cost effectiveness does not apply to the Dalby name. He is a new kid of the block but I have not seen someone lately who pay so much attention to details, details and details and never compromises on aesthetics down to the smallest details. Everything is engineered to overkill. They are meant for the tube fanatics who cares nothing but ultimate quality.
  • Let me take a crack a the science behind. The three point ceramic bearings are the primary interface between the chassis of the component atop and the evaccuation path of mechanical resonances under-neath. Small contacts will not over deaden the sound for sure. The large ebony body over 90mm in diameter is quite rare in the design of feet. I speculate this fine wood with the apparent thickness and large area will act as a solid cushion to the ceramic ball bearing. When kinetic energy pass along the ceramic ball bearing, the natural property of the ebony thus stabilizes the kinetic energy constantly flowing from atop. I can see why the bigger the better in real time analysis. This is a clear case of "over engineering" in the case of a feet.

Then the inverted shaft further decouples the large ebony from the ground. A final spike plate underneath the shaft in turn stabilizes the whole de-coupling system as all remaining energy will be drained away through the shaft to the ground.

I speculate this is a decoupling system. The sound should be airy with notbale improvement in sound-staging. It will be very different from the Japanese Maestro.
  • sorry what I meant is a "direct" coupling system
  • Uncle Ray, I think this is a combination of decoupling and coupling at the same time.
  • Another patent pending feet from Dalby that comes standard with his ultimate D7 linestage.
  • What one pays for can be seen from every single inch of the chassis down to each component inside. The tower is the power supply for the D7 main preamp. The second chassis below the main is "optional". In this case, the second chassis just houses the 2nd output of the preamp for subwoofer connection.
  • The upcoming 211 mono blocks. This is the side view.
  • Quality of internal component - proprietary made capacitor.
  • This is really seductive aesthetically! Wonder sonically would it also push the envelop to an unchartered zone amongst others carried by AE.
  • More internal component shot
  • This is what dedication means.
  • Brochure card showing the upcoming supreme D7 line-stage