Skip to content

The incredible Wavac 805

The MD805 unleashed the last bass juice of the Kharma Midi Exquisite with great control. Bass are renditioned in layers with full energy. Refinement of the top end is well preserved and the body of the mid-range is full without sacrificing resolution even at microscopic level. The control of energy is unique, probably due to the famous ITIC circuit invented by Nobu san. Sometimes, we are too preoccupied as quantity of details as the sole definition of transparency or resolution. The distribution of energy alongside the control of it are in fact a part of resolution too. The energy proportion unleashed by the leading edge, body and decaying tails of different musical instrument is very well rendered. This is an amp that let you feel the energy variation rather than allowing the listener to "see" everything clearly. When musical energy is controlled well, the "you are there" feeling is equally as stunning as viewing everything, if not more, depending on how the listener contrast the reality of things against the virtual reality. This is a very good pair of tube amp at any price.

PT

Comments

• PT, I wonder how the 805 compares to my 300b mono. For certain, the 805 has more driving power than SET. The magic of SET is very special on vocals. I tend to agree the 805 has more flexibility to match different system. Not easy to compare them side by side. Even there is a chance, the choice of speaker is a big headache.
  • I wish Wavac produces a cheaper preamp.