Skip to content
Options

Marvel's New Chapter: The Affascinate Horn System by Cessaro

Comments

• Options
    MatthewC,

Wow...what is your new Horn? I am eager to learn more about your new LP setup...how do you find the cartridge matching with the Kondo? Hope we shall meet up during Christmas time if you are not off for vacation overseas.
  • Options
    Marvel,

Congratulation! You must be very excited to see this beautiful babe park into your living room. For such a fun X'mas party, there is no way I can miss. Please count me in.

PT,

After the reunion of the Zanden combo, most likely speaker will be the next item on my upgrade list in 08. With so many new speakers coming up, there will be a lot of homework to do before making the decisiion.

Danny

• Options
    Marvel bro,

I have a pair of Tom Hidley Model-1V coming. They are basically tighter tolerance versions of Rey Audio / Kinoshita RM-5LC, which also use modified version of TAD's TD-4001 driver, and TL-1601b woofer, except the driver units are gauss-matched, and the TD-4001 have modified and matched beryllium diaphragm as well. One interesting aspect of using units like TD-4001 is that the diaphragms can be replaced. So one can buy a couple spare paris, and the unit will essentially lasts for a very long time indeed.

Fortunately/Unfortunately, I can't just buy the speakers. Gotta do the package deal of acoustics, speakers and in-room adjustments. Basically need to turn my living room into a mini-studio....

It will be really interesting to compare and contrast the different approaches to speaker design. I had the TAD 2402 before, which uses TD-4001/TL-1601a. I have briefly heard the Cessaro Alpha, which also uses TD-4001 and TL-1601 (dunno if the woofer is the a, b or c version...) plus ET-703. So the Kinoshita/Tom Hidley will be the third pair in my experience..... Can't wait to hear Marvel bro's Cessaro.....
  • Options
    Last Night with Neo

A few days ago PT reminded me that I have been with Neo speaker for close to 3 years! It has been the record longest time ever that I have been using the same pair of speaker Neo has served me very very well by fitting in nicely in my room acoustically friendly to my 'hard tone' room. Bass response and structure is the most magnificent strength of Neo in addition to its seamless integration with the midrange driver and tweeter. The enitre musicla picture is so neatly and tightly portraited without any trace of gap or otherwise overlaps.

I know the path for HE speaker would not be difficult for me given the prior exposure by PT and Mr. Zanden but on the very last night with Neo, I do really want to share with all fellow audiphiles in this forum that Neo is a genuinely remarkable multiple drivers speakers at such a reasonable price range. I am sure the new Tidal speaker would cause an overwhelming wave, if not a turbulence, to the hi-fi community, let's not forget the merit of Neo in satisfying the most stringent assessment by many including 6moons' Srajan.

My final salute to Neo and as Jlam said, Marvel is ready to open a new chapter tomorrow!

I will post some photos later of Neo on the very last night with me.

Marvel
  • Options
    Photos of Neo (1)

• Options
    More photos
  • Options
    One more in the right angle....
  • Options
    New chapter
  • Options
    A new chapter in a rough positioning
  • Options
    Marvel Bro,

Should we start calling you Bravo Bro from now on?

Well done. When can I drop by? :-)
  • Options
    Singing now.........
  • Options
    Wow! Does it rock?
  • Options
    Does the horn like the amp? Horn can be real pricky. Your horn looks impressive.
  • Options
    My own shot of Marvel's new Cessaro speaker
  • Options
    I like the wood veneer very much